GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 GTI: white or night blue?

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
The Blue is very rich, almost like a Bowling Ball. It doesn't come across in photos. Anything but Tornado Red is acceptable IMO

F12

Ready to race!
I personally went with the white because it accentuates the black and red very well.
Plus, coming from a black car, I know how much of a nightmare dark colors are to keep looking great

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
White looks amazing on the Mk7 IMHO.

Fanis1

Ready to race!
I wonder how many of you, have actually seen both colours in person... I have, and I believe the night blue looks AMAZING! Especially in the sun! Don't get me wrong, I really like the white, it shows best every single line and detail of the car, but is kind of a trend now, there are so many white cars these days, and the night blue really stands out!!!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I like white. I've owned a few white cars. But Love Bug smears are very hard to see. You all in the Carolina south to Florida know what I'm talking about.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
They're both gonna get dirty. Clean-to-clean, the NB is a much deeper color. It costs $1000+ in Europe as an optional color for good reason; gonna assume anyone buying a new GTI will clean the thing at least a few times a month or keep it clean.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I had a white mk6 and now I have carbon steel gray. I can say white gets dirty more easily. on CSG, you can't tell if your car is dirty after a rain from distance.

I had night blue as my choice as well as reflex silver, but neither had it in choices I want. So my vote goes for night blue, but I can recommend reflex silver.

I had a white mk6 and now I have carbon steel gray. I can say white gets dirty more easily. on CSG, you can't tell if your car is dirty after a rain from distance.....

Depends on your environment. If you're in a dry climate, dust is instantly visible on dark colours. Hardly noticeable on white or silver. In those conditions I wash my carbon Mazda as least twice as often as the white Golf.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Edit

Last edited:

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Night Blue is the best color, period. Issues resulting from neglect should be accounted for. I own a United Grey Mk6; my GF has a NB GTI which I've driven thousands of miles and tuned. The color is amazing. It disappears at night because midnight blue is darker than black (anyone who knows about tuxedos will understand this) so it almost "disappears". It is a deep, rich color. The paint alone costs much more and the fact some people neglect it shouldn't discount how versatile it is. IMO reflex silver and night blue look the best in person.

Last edited:
As someone else said, it's a subjective thing. It's about personal taste and opinion, there can never be universal agreement on this topic!

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Night Blue is the best color, period...

There is no such thing as a "Best color, period", color is purely opinion based in the eye of the beholder. The OP has chosen the best two MK7 GTI colors IMO, they both look great on this car!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
My DD is night blue and I hate the fact that it looks black at night the upkeep is a bitch. My GTI is red but my first choice was White, next DD will be white or gray. This is my second blue car and blue is a beautiful color but it is a lot of work to keep it nice and shiny so I just gave up lol my lease is up in December so no more blue for me. On the GTI blue would be an option since I only use it on weekends but still.