GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

APR Ultralink - At Home Flash Tuning is Here!

Honestly, what Arin said is so clear and unambiguous it boggles the mind that so many are hating on him. Everyone knows there is a flash counter. There is a lot of FUD about tuning that "VW knows how many times you car should have been flashed blah blah blah TD1 blah blah". So to shut that...
  2. L

MK7.5 NJ Emissions Fail (Help) *Fuel System Not Ready

I had a similar problem with smog check on my Mk7.5 here in CA. APR tuned stage 1. I had flashed it to stock, but it failed readiness because I had only done it the day before. Took It out on the freeway for about 30 miles, over 65, brought it back and it passed. Learnt my lesson.
  3. L

'15 GTI 80k, stock, babied since new - engine locked up :(

If you are one owner and have all service records I would be very disappointed if VWofA doesn’t do something. Good luck!
  4. L

USB-C port woes 2020 Golf

Anyone else having a lot of compatibility problems with the USB-C port in the newer VW's (aka Golf 1.4 2020). Connecting an iPhone 8 running iOS 16.1.1 and an iPhone 12. Initially I was blaming cheap Amazon cables for converting USB-C to USB-A (female) but I coughed up for a genuine Apple USB-C...
  5. L

2020 Golf excessive wind noise

Now that's a genius idea!
  6. L

2020 Golf excessive wind noise

My daughter just bought a 2020 CPO Golf at a great price with only 12K miles. Great car. Drives really well. Still it has one annoying niggle.. compared to my 2018 GTI there is noticeable wind noise from both the passenger and driver doors at freeway speeds. The stealer said bring it in and...
  7. L

FS: 2018 Autobahn DSG. APR+. San Diego,CA $27950 . SOLD.

Sorry, I just completed the sale of the car.
  8. L

That was a screwup with manual transmission. Fixed. CarGurus has a bug in their web site that preselected manual in a form even though it ‘knows’ it is a DSG. Selling to dealers via CarGurus just means getting a bunch of low ball offers from dealers.
  9. L

2018 Autobahn DSG with APR+. Go to the cargurus listing for latest details on pricing and pictures. I like cargurus because it protects buyers and sellers by verifying identities and providing a secure way to complete the sale ( except sadly not in CA!) Please message me using the cargurus...
  10. L

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Getting the EOs is a huge bottleneck. A dirty little secret is that APR does not have CARB EO’s for many GTI model years such as my 2018 MY. Of course you only need to smog check when selling the car if it is over 4years old. Or 8 years total. Not so much a problem with a stage 1 tune, as you...
  11. L

Another case of peeling sunroof trim clearcoat

So my 2018 Autobahn has this problem. What’s not clear to me is whether cars under the factory warranty can get this fixed as a warranty item or not?
  12. L

Drivetrain shudder at very low speeds (2016 DSG)

That's really not at all unusual with a DSG. My 2018 with 30K does something not that dissimilar ( and my 2010 Mk6 DSG used to as well) Unless it suddenly gets worse I would not worry about it. To state the obvious, it is not a slush box, and clutches are engaging and disengaging, and slipping...
  13. L

APR Plus

I have the APR TCU Tune along with APR+ and definitely have no problems with jerkiness , it's as smooth as the stock tune just better.
  14. L

APR Plus

Which reminds me.... APR is absolutely crazy they do not send regular emails to their customers (like you and me) saying. "Hey, v2.x of your APR+ tune has been released come on in for a re-flash". It drives business to their dealers and makes a good connection with their customers. Hey Arin, you...
  15. L

FS: 4xMichelin 225/40ZR18 AS/3+ (San Diego CA) $275 [SOLD]

Updated with pics, only been off car for a week. That white thing visible in tread in top tire was just a small stone stuck in the tread not a nail or anything like that. Flicked it out with my key.
  16. L

Shocker: California to Start Checking for ECU Tunes During Smog.

Does anyone know what the process will be even with a CARB approved tune like APR+? My impression was that you would be failed then have to appeal and it will be a big hassle. Ideally you could just show the CARB approved documentation when being tested but I guess that is open to abuse.