GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 NJ Emissions Fail (Help) *Fuel System Not Ready

GTI901

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys,

Went in today for Emissions in Lodi -- Car was failed.

Fuel System reads "NOT READY" (OBII Readiness Status)

My car is JB4 tuned. I stupidly forgot to unhook device, tester had to move plug aside to get to OBDII. I thought the car was in map 0, but when checked after fail was reading Map 2; now put car again in Map 0. Do we think that's what caused the fail?

If so, will I be able to just ride around in Map 0 for awhile then go back? Or could this be another problem unrelated to JB4 (Car related)

Last -- Heated Catalytic Converter & A/C Refrigerant read "UNSUPPORTED." Believe that means they just didn't test for or not applicable.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0858.jpeg

Last edited:

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Did you get resetting your codes? It'll do that, I had a jb4 but can't remember if it showed ready when it was plugged in.

Map 0 isn't a true base map, I would try driving for a couple hundred miles on map 0 and use obd11 to see if it shows readiness.

If not then just unhook it then do the same as above then go back to the state inspection station.

GTI901

Passed Driver's Ed
Took out JB4 (selling now) figured better that way... save my clutch. But the readiness for fuel system is still off

Any Misfire or other codes have disappeared. Should I reset computer and start from scratch?

GTI901

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool. Will do tomorrow, reset all monitors, see what comes back online.

You da man Diggs.

GTI901

Passed Driver's Ed
Unplugged battery for 25 minutes. Monitors actually didn't reset (strange), but my scan tool has an option to reset them (Somehow didn't realize that until today).

50 Miles later... Fuel, Cat, EVAP, & 02 Sensor still off. Anyway to speed this along?

Not practical to do an actual drive cycles on NJ Streets. Even on highway slowing from 60mph to 20mph is dangerous

Thanks again for your help, bro!

IMG_0965.jpeg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I don't know the exact time/mileage interval, but I know they should reach readiness after being reset following regular driving. I'd expect if you can go through a tank of fuel or two, you should be alright. Time for a road trip -- NJ just got a massive gokart track, head out there and get some seat time (y)

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
That track is out in Edison. I want to check it out but don't feel like taking a 2hr drive out there. I hated driving down there and hitting traffic.

loopless

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a similar problem with smog check on my Mk7.5 here in CA. APR tuned stage 1. I had flashed it to stock, but it failed readiness because I had only done it the day before.
Took It out on the freeway for about 30 miles, over 65, brought it back and it passed. Learnt my lesson.