GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Not sure what you mean by "spit(spot?) by the arrow". The manual is pretty clear on where the reinforced jack points are. You can tell by looking there that the metal is reinforced at that spot. You can also use a spot on the subframe but I'm not exactly sure where. Hope you don't mean you bent...
  2. R

What did you do man... what... did... you do.
  3. R

You guys should stop bothering with trying to play music off your phone and use the SD card, it's way faster and foolproof and completely independent of your phone. Unless of course the music is infected with some crappy apple DRM that doesn't let you copy them to another device.
  4. R

Don't know Don't know Interesting, I don't subscribe either but mine doesn't light up.. How are you hitting those buttons by accident? They aren't near anything else that you'd use if you weren't using carnet.
  5. R

Wow I'm glad I don't have those extra completely necessary gizmos in my S.
  6. R

Uh is there something wrong with your feet that you need to do this?
  7. R

No, that would be ridiculous. It has a different clutch, and different parts in the engine as well.
  8. R

If the MK7 Golf and GTI interiors look overly gimmicky to you, you must have a epileptic seizure and projectile vomit when you see a Ford interior.
  9. R

What LEDs are you guys referring to in the interior?
  10. R

Thats pretty stupid. Does it really take that long to click 5 times? 5 mph is way too high an increment anyway.
  11. R

Will you actually read it though?
  12. R

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Got my summers (Conti EC Sport+) put back on yesterday along with an oil change at 7250miles since last. Feels like a brand new car again. Didn't realize how bad my oil was already. I do a lot of short trips, I'm assuming thats why it was down a quart or so and kinda dark. It would have sucked...
  13. R

Anyone else's rearview camera occasionally just show a black screen instead of actually turning the camera on? Seems to be happening more often lately... like twice in the last 2 months I guess. I do hear the cover opening and closing.
  14. R

Don't people mean the unibody when they refer to "frame damage". Cars have been unibody for like half a century or more.
  15. R

I had it on sport for like the first year and a half I owned the car, but then it started vibrating the dash a little when it got cold, so I turned it down to normal... and now I feel like normal is enough sound and sport would be overkill. Which is strange because I used to think normal was too...
  16. R

It's not that unlikely for dealers to try to get out of major warranty repairs if you are unable to provide proof of timely oil changes if DIY
  17. R

What is the smallest wheel size you can use on a non PP GTI again? Is it 16 or 17?
  18. R

The optimal location for the jack stands is the pinch welds. You can jack it up on one of the suspension arms and then just lower it down onto the jack stands there. Pretty easy.