GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I was in the Brookland neighborhood. According to some trashmen that stopped by when the police was taking my report two other cars got their wheels taken too.

I’m just confused cause my wheels where 100% stock with some curb rash lol

Hate that they bent the frame though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they bend the frame or the rocker panel? I find it unlikely theres frame damage unless they dropped your car off the jack onto the ground somehow

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
Did they bend the frame or the rocker panel? I find it unlikely theres frame damage unless they dropped your car off the jack onto the ground somehow

My guess is they bent the rocker panel jacking the car up.

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
Only thing that makes sense because these cars don't have a frame, they're unibody. Rocker panel is an easy fix, everyday body fix at this point it seems for the body shops

Don't people mean the unibody when they refer to "frame damage". Cars have been unibody for like half a century or more.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Don't people mean the unibody when they refer to "frame damage". Cars have been unibody for like half a century or more.

Yes but i don't see how jacking up a car unless it was dropped hard would mess up "frame" or unibody in any significant form. Probably a missed jack point that messed up the pinch weld which isn't anything major and is in fact an easy fix now a days because so many people mess up

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Woke up to my car on cinder blocks and possible frame damage. I just can’t win this month with my GTI....just bought a new front tire a week ago because of a pothole :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about that, hope you can get it fixed without problems.

gti_1789

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes but i don't see how jacking up a car unless it was dropped hard would mess up "frame" or unibody in any significant form. Probably a missed jack point that messed up the pinch weld which isn't anything major and is in fact an easy fix now a days because so many people mess up

Ya'll are probably right all I know is that the bottom of the passenger side body is curved inwards noticeably. I'll post some pictures later on this week...

thanks everyone for your concerns...on that same note anyone know of any decent aftermarket security systems. really surprised the car's didn't go off...

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Ya'll are probably right all I know is that the bottom of the passenger side body is curved inwards noticeably. I'll post some pictures later on this week...

thanks everyone for your concerns...on that same note anyone know of any decent aftermarket security systems. really surprised the car's didn't go off...

Sorta like this? The dart guys had some issues with this when either them or the dealer would mess up jacking the car up

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Crazy that wheel thieves don’t know proper jack points on vehicles. Even crazier they don’t know that stock Austins are largely unsellable [emoji23]

Sent from Mognet using Moogles

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

the OEM system does not seem to have anything more than entry alarm..no tilt/shock.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
On that note, I truly hope you get justice and get your body issue sorted. Sucks to hear this happened, man.

Sent from Mognet using Moogles

333Inlinesix

Stupid question here.. How do you remove the front VW emblem on a 7.5? I can't find anything on it. I'm reluctant to just pry it off with the sensor etc.. Thanks.