GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

asif

Yes you can, it's the button with a face (side view) on the right hand side of the steering wheel (in the uk, don't know about anywhere else

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

theBrandler

Ready to race!
Yes you can, it's the button with a face (side view) on the right hand side of the steering wheel (in the uk, don't know about anywhere else

Perfect! Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I thought that was the voice command button or something. Wasn't obvious to me that it also paused/played audio.

asif

Perfect! Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I thought that was the voice command button or something. Wasn't obvious to me that it also paused/played audio.
That's what I thought when I first got my car.
You can mute on the stereo also depending which one you have

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

Nothing to do with region - if you don't have voice control, it acts as a pause button, otherwise it.. well.. is voice control.

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
Two stupid questions time!

1) I’ve always driven manual since I was 16 but never really paid attention if I was having proper shifting techniques. Are there any good videos or resources that explain good techniques to develop?

2) About to pull the trigger on a tune. Again, any good resources explaining what the different parameters that are available through like Cobb AP and what normal values are, what is bad, what is acceptable (knock, AFR, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theBrandler

Ready to race!
That's what I thought when I first got my car.
You can mute on the stereo also depending which one you have

I have the base model, but honestly this is by far and away the nicest car I've every owned.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Will the DSG let me downshift too far and over rev the engine when using paddle shifters?

Nope doesn't look like it. Happened to me recently, and the transmission waited until it was appropriate to downshift.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Will the DSG let me downshift too far and over rev the engine when using paddle shifters?

Of course not! That would be some damn poor design, especially for a German car, which is the most over-engineered car money can buy lol

theBrandler

Ready to race!
Of course not! That would be some damn poor design, especially for a German car, which is the most over-engineered car money can buy lol
You say that, and I would have assumed as much, but my friend has a Mercedes and it will let you down shift into oblivion. So not all over engineered German cars protect themselves.

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
Anyone else's rearview camera occasionally just show a black screen instead of actually turning the camera on? Seems to be happening more often lately... like twice in the last 2 months I guess. I do hear the cover opening and closing.

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Anyone else's rearview camera occasionally just show a black screen instead of actually turning the camera on? Seems to be happening more often lately... like twice in the last 2 months I guess. I do hear the cover opening and closing.
Mine doesn't but it does flicker once, occasionally, after first popping on. Makes me nervous.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

Happened to me once last year.

Last week, I had a black screen for a few seconds, but the camera feed eventually showed up unlike before.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk