GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

thelateoctober

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2919 R
With your limited access to decent fuel, your only options are, in order of easiest to most difficult:

1) JB1/4 (can run logs and make a perfect setup for your situation)

2) water/meth injection.

3) getting a 50 gallon drum of E85 every month or two from wherever you can (might not even be possible where you live), and do your own mixes

I would suggest you run the 87+E10 fuel option from your station. a bit of ethanol helps.

Is something like Lucas octane boost a legit option? The guys at Burger said they can do an 87 tune for me if I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewpierce13

I’ve browsed the Internet and the search function to a pretty good extent and wanted to see if there is a formal write-up anywhere on properly mounting a true downforce generating rear wing for track use. I also reached out to Nine Lives Racing and they have not done anything with a MK7 yet either. The cleanest solution I have seen so far is the RLMS APR GTI, but I have not seen any clean images of their mounting brackets. Would love it if anyone could help point me in the right direction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.caranddriver.com/amp/news/apr-volkswagen-golf-rlms-sema

thelateoctober

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2919 R
With your limited access to decent fuel, your only options are, in order of easiest to most difficult:

1) JB1/4 (can run logs and make a perfect setup for your situation)

2) water/meth injection.

3) getting a 50 gallon drum of E85 every month or two from wherever you can (might not even be possible where you live), and do your own mixes

I would suggest you run the 87+E10 fuel option from your station. a bit of ethanol helps.

Well nevermind! Gas station the next town over has 91 and i never knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti_1789

Passed Driver's Ed
I am planning on moving back to southern california around June next year. With that in mind, I'm holding off on buying new tires. When in SoCal, is it fine if I just buy Summer tires and keep them on year round? Would all weathers be better?