GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Actual confessiion - tried installing an is20 on my GSW but couldn't get the coolant and oil lines off the is12. Gave up.

Old age, broken wrist a year and a half ago.
I paid a shop both times for the 20 and 38. No patience for getting half done and that kind of thing happening. I've heard those can be a bitch.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Yeah worked it for awhile before giving up. Stages of grief were: sadness, anger, sense of loss, then indifference , then 'hey let's just sell it' :)

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Be careful what you ask for
I had the same thought so I changed it from extra sexy to sexy. Still, white tee and cutoffs. Make sure to include the soapy hood mount and inevitable fall!

Attachments

• 1655489829890.gif
    1655489829890.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 113

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
111,111 kms (69,444) today. On my third set of summer tires, will be getting 3rd set of winter tires this fall too. Considering even some cheap all seasons for November to Mid December and late March to May.

I drive like an asshole almost everywhere I drive.... imagine my needed tire budget if I had more than just a jb4....

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
111,111 kms (69,444) today. On my third set of summer tires, will be getting 3rd set of winter tires this fall too. Considering even some cheap all seasons for November to Mid December and late March to May.

I drive like an asshole almost everywhere I drive.... imagine my needed tire budget if I had more than just a jb4....

Soared right past 69,420

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Right now is the longest I've gone without washing my GTI. I rarely go more than a week or two. But it's just too damn hot. I need to get out and at least clean brake dust off the wheels and tires this evening.
I never start washing my car until “it’s done.” So if my plans for the exterior are just lowering springs and wheels, it’ll stay unwashed until I have those things on.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I am extremely indecisive and make decisions on the fly when it comes to my GTI.

Purchased the APR DTR when it first came out. Read too much on here, got scared, returned it. Said I was going to “chill out” on the mods be responsible, maybe buy a Camry. You know, for the kids.

Really wanted a BAUN DP but would have to lie about that one for a long time so, I found a used IE DP for a good price. Well what pairs better with a DP than a bigger turbo. EQT has a good sale and for sure I’ll NEVER see that kind of discount on a tune again. EQT IS38+ ordered with their OTS tune to once again be in way over what I initially thought I would be.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I am extremely indecisive and make decisions on the fly when it comes to my GTI.

Purchased the APR DTR when it first came out. Read too much on here, got scared, returned it. Said I was going to “chill out” on the mods be responsible, maybe buy a Camry. You know, for the kids.

Really wanted a BAUN DP but would have to lie about that one for a long time so, I found a used IE DP for a good price. Well what pairs better with a DP than a bigger turbo. EQT has a good sale and for sure I’ll NEVER see that kind of discount on a tune again. EQT IS38+ ordered with their OTS tune to once again be in way over what I initially thought I would be.
If you give a mouse a cookie….

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just like...wash the car how TV shows hot girls doing it.

Pretty sure you only need a white T and cut off shorts and you should be golden.
I'll take video and post it.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I paid a shop both times for the 20 and 38. No patience for getting half done and that kind of thing happening. I've heard those can be a bitch.

Yeah worked it for awhile before giving up. Stages of grief were: sadness, anger, sense of loss, then indifference , then 'hey let's just sell it' :)
Just wanted to thank you guys, er, I mean confess that these posts and a yt video helped me make the easy decision to pay someone to install my replacement turbo. Fun surprise was that the shop included a 4 corner alignment with the install. This forum and it’s members are awesome. Thanks Gents!

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI