GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT (8S) Control Arms

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I ended up
Fascinating. Guess I'll learn more when my TT bushings arrive.

EDIT: Looks like the CSS bushings come stock in the TT arms. My current hypothesis is TT/CSS bushings are a touch larger and thus fit in the pressed steel arms, but not the other way around.

When I look on audi parts sites, they often list a vin range for bushing application. Might be some marginal chance not all alu arms are made equally...

2 options for the alu arms that may work:
5Q0407183F (CSS/TT/TTS)
8S0407183B (TT/TTS/TTRS)
I ended up trying Superpro bushes in the TTS arms as well and can also confirm they did not fit. I went with OEM solid bush in the end. Very happy.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Have you fitted the TT arms/ball joints and CSS knuckles? What levels of camber have you measured with this combination?

Unfort don't have an alignment sheet but I think I'm at about 2 degrees. Interested in checking out 8Y strut tops as well when they become available (not that I'm really after more camber at this point).

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
They push the wheel hub out at least 15mm per side leaving no toe-in adjustment, not a direct replacement like Superpro or Whiteline and they don't match the quality of the other two either . We couldn't even drive the car from the 4 poster .
You need to buy the hardrace extended tie rod ends , the arms measure the same as originals but once you fit the ball joints that's where the extra width comes from .The company I got them through gave me a full refund and Hardrace up dated their OZ website to add their extended tie rod ends with the LCA .

IMG20210930141440.jpgIMG20210930141434.jpgIMG20210930135157.jpg
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG20210930135207.jpg
    IMG20210930135207.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Has anyone in north america figured out how to order hardrace parts? I found Aleks Racing a while back but ordering generated an invoice that wasn't payable and he didn't respond to questions.

MrFabulous

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport
I'm about to order these
https://www.urotuning.com/products/euro-logic-tie-rod-extenders-m16-thread-size-vw-mk5-mk6-golf-jetta?gclid=CjwKCAjw6dmSBhBkEiwA_W-EoLCVq00RN7czBi3vQxHWpJI1K-8gXfttsCm1G_I4T-IhqIpUWtenJhoCAZQQAvD_BwE&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&variant=37923252043969

Even though that is specified for MK5 and MK6. The MK7 tie rod end is an M16x1.5 thread. If I didn't just buy new GTI tie rod ends I probably should have gotten some TT ends.

Edit: The rest of my (yet to be installed) setup is CSS spindles and TT control arms. Apparently with that combination I'll need the extensions.

Last edited:

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Too wide for 19" Pretorias with stock 235/35 19 91Y ? may have to reassess.
In OZ the maximum over all track increase is 25mm .Bolt up the Audi LCA adjust toe 0 deg , take a measurement from centre of wheel to centre of wheel and compare to original track . If your @ 25mm or less you should be legal .
Cheers

Last edited:

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Looks like I'm running into an issue post install of my TT arms and CSS knuckles. Turns out the ball joint -> knuckle connection has some play and makes a clunking/creaking noise over bumps and even just when driving forward from a standstill. The noise appeared pretty much immediately after the install.

I went with the correct TT ball joints - 8J0407365/8J0407366 (Febi 40536/40537) - looks like these carried over from the 8J.

Anyone who's fitted TT LCAs - did you use the same ball joints?

Guess I'll order another set and hope they work and it was an installation error or something...

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Looks like I'm running into an issue post install of my TT arms and CSS knuckles. Turns out the ball joint -> knuckle connection has some play and makes a clunking/creaking noise over bumps and even just when driving forward from a standstill. The noise appeared pretty much immediately after the install.

I went with the correct TT ball joints - 8J0407365/8J0407366 (Febi 40536/40537) - looks like these carried over from the 8J.

Guess I'll order another set and hope they work and it was an installation error or something...
I ordered Moog k500218 and its corresponding partner thru Rockauto. It was listed in Rockauto's Mk2 TT catelog and as you know, I have steel spindles.

MrFabulous

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport

I'm using that part number but a Lemforder part. I've had better experience with Lemforder from the BMW world. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when installing them, but I'm also not finished with my all my upgrades yet. I'm finishing up this weekend, I'll let you know what I experience.

I did notice some interference with the spindle and the ball joint retaining plate at full droop (stock strut) but that shouldn't affect anything at ride height.