GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT (8S) Control Arms

odessa.filez

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
funny I was just about to start a thread on the whiteline plates thinking they're so new nobody has seen them.

Sorry I cant help on the headlights as my car doesn't have them.

Did you go with the China knockoff or by genuine?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I went a genuine set which I was lucky to find for a good price. Only thing they didn't come with was the nuts for the ball joints. Are they the same nuts as the Golf ball joints? Or do I need to source the TT ones?

I wouldn't recommend the Whiteline plates. Really harsh and loud. I actually want to get rid of all Whiteline parts from my car. I used to be a big advocate but all of their parts on this platform that I have used have been a disappointment.

odessa.filez

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I bought my Audi ball joints (cuz adjustable and different bolt pattern to the LCA) from Rockauto, oem but not genuine. Since I'm on Golf steel spindles, I decided to reuse my stock ball joint fastener to the spindle rather than the one provided with the ball joint. I would think you could reuse yours.

Sorry to hear about the Whiteline plates. I run Vorshlag plates along with my TT arms and the ride is fine (but I'm on 15" wheels).

scrllock

Go Kart Champion
So I'm first going to install the arms and see how insane it is. Then most likely remove the camber plates.

Have you been able to try this out yet? Curious what camber range looks like on a car with just the CS knuckles + TT arms/balljoints.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Have you been able to try this out yet? Curious what camber range looks like on a car with just the CS knuckles + TT arms/balljoints.
Not yet. I’m waiting for the Whiteline bushes to fail (they will) and then I’ll swap them. Bit of procrastination too as it’s a painful job on a DSG car due to the space constraints. Which I’ve made worse by using much longer bolts (original kept coming loose).