GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT (8S) Control Arms

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
i read all the pages and i am still a bit confused. can someone answer the following questions
How much camber adjustment do these arms/balljoints give?
How much does the caster change?
Are these arms longer ( wider track) than the gti arms?
thanks
My car is not stock otherwise but I'll try and give you an idea..alignment specs below were with 20mm spacers up front, camber plates set to zero camber change, +1 caster change, and tt arms set to min camber. GSW lowered roughly an inch (or roughly GTI minus 3/8”).

I think it added a slight amt of caster, maybe as much as a half degree. Lined up against stock arms, the bolt triangle appears to be rotated forward slightly.

Camber, I'm guessing around 1.5 to 1.75 more (negative).

Front Track - my recall is it looked about an inch wider, measuring toe. Add another 12mm (6mm each side) when max'ing out the ball joints.

Beyond the printout below....With my camber plates at 4.5 out of 5 notches inward and arms fully extended, I see ~ -5 degrees of camber. See pics

Last edited:

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
My car is not stock otherwise but I'll try and give you an idea..alignment specs below were with 20mm spacers up front, camber plates set to zero camber change, +1 caster change, and tt arms set to min camber. GSW lowered roughly an inch (or roughly GTI minus 3/8”).

I think it added a slight amt of caster, maybe as much as a half degree. Lined up against stock arms, the bolt triangle appears to be rotated forward slightly.

Camber, I'm guessing around 1.5 to 1.75 more (negative).

Front Track - my recall is it looked about an inch wider, measuring toe. Add another 12mm (6mm each side) when max'ing out the ball joints.

Beyond the printout below....With my camber plates at 4.5 out of 5 notches inward and arms fully extended, I see ~ -5 degrees of camber. See pics

thanks

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I think the TT arms are an interesting choice especially for those who want more camber but won't tolerate adjustable plates. Downside is you establish a pretty high camber baseline for DD so your toe better be close to zero...otherwise check your tire budget.

If you can tolerate plates for your camber fix and have a dual purpose car like me, camber plates plus whiteline might be an interesting option.

034 plus Whiteline might be good too, but again, you'd probably end up with around 2+ camber baseline. I would think the combo would have best ride quality and be a decent choice for DD.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I’m going to be CCS hub carriers which gives me -2deg base camber. Whiteline arms give another 0.5 I believe as well as the extra caster.
Question really is do I want more than -2.5 camber or am I happy with the extra 2deg caster instead from the Whiteline arms.
I’m kind of torn now.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I’m going to be CCS hub carriers which gives me -2deg base camber. Whiteline arms give another 0.5 I believe as well as the extra caster.
Question really is do I want more than -2.5 camber or am I happy with the extra 2deg caster instead from the Whiteline arms.
I’m kind of torn now.

Be careful with LCAs that provide more caster when coupled with the CSS swivels. I had an issue with the CSS and Superpro combo. The coilovers I installed (HPA) moved the strut tower sway bar endlink attachment point inboard, resulting in the endlink hitting a protrusion in the inner wheel well. The protusion came into play because the LCA moved the wheel forward in the wheel well. My problem was resolved by installing Bilsteins. The Bilsteins have the same swaybar attach point compared as stock.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I never tried it with factory struts. However, the Bilsteins look to be outwardly identical to factory strut in terms of the sway bar endlink bracket, so I think there wouldn’t be an issue with the factory part.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Awesome. Just need to find me some TT arms then.
I trolled ebay and car-part.com. Got lucky. We need more TTS wrecks :)

Bought the ball joints from rockauto for $20 a side.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Just going back to the increase in track. Did you mean an inch mixer each side or total?
As another consideration is that of you need to run spacers for brakes that could be a real issue depending on how much extra it is.
I’m considering TTS calipers which may need a small spacer hence the concern over extra track. Could lead to some scrubbing issues.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Just going back to the increase in track. Did you mean an inch mixer each side or total?
As another consideration is that of you need to run spacers for brakes that could be a real issue depending on how much extra it is.
I’m considering TTS calipers which may need a small spacer hence the concern over extra track. Could lead to some scrubbing issues.
total track.

dunno about spacers for brakes. Mine are only 288mm up front. I can remove the spacer and snap a pic for you if you like, sometime this week.

edit: my bad, your concern wouldn't be helped by a pic.

fwiw I ran spacers originally for looks and weight transfer. I'm on 6" rims, so there was no rub issue. When I installed the arms, the bottom of the tire came out but not the top much, so still no rub.

With everything at full adjust ( ~ -5 camber ) and 200 tw tires, the front is a little twitchy. On regular all seasons and adjusted back to around -2, it feels fairly stock, just a little firmer and more direct from the top camber plates.

Last edited:

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
So I've stumbled across a company in China who manufactures these TT arms to OEM specs. They come bare without bushes. I'm sure I can get the overall price to be less than any other aftermarket arm, even 2nd hand OEM (unless lucky) are $500+ I'm finding.
Minimum order is 100 (50 pairs).

I'm considering taking a plunge on buying them if I think there is enough interest here.
I'm thinking they could be supplied two different ways.

1. Bare arms only - you choose you own bushes and supply your own balljoint
2. As a kit with OEM bushes and ball joint but bushes not pressed
3. Kit with bushes pressed

3 would be the most expensive overall option unless I bought a press and did it myself, as labour charges in Australia are quite high compared to US.

Is there interest?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Rebirthing this thread. So I went down the path of CSS knuckles. Gave me -2deg camber. Then fitted Whiteline LCA, which provided caster but no camber, despite their advertising. Feeling this still wasn't enough I fitted Whiteline fixed camber plates. This gave me a setup with -3deg camber and 9.5deg caster. Works really well except I hate the camber plates and want to get rid of them. So I bought myself a set of TT arms and Superpro bushes with caster offset (not sure if caster offset was a good idea now). So I'm first going to install the arms and see how insane it is. Then most likely remove the camber plates.

Question: to those that have fitted the TT arms. Was there an issue with the headlight levellers? I saw an early mention of this. Was it resolved?