GOLFMKV

New Maestro "HoonTune" xD

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Pagparts kit

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Did that really resolve your fueling issue? I'm not sure if it's worth the 700$ when I already have a 450 pump. I dont quite understand why you were having fuel issues at your power with mpi, pump and torquebyte

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Did that really resolve your fueling issue? I'm not sure if it's worth the 700$ when I already have a 450 pump. I dont quite understand why you were having fuel issues at your power with mpi, pump and torquebyte
We were suspecting a cavitation issue which has happened to some people from the pr kit, but after putting the pag kit in the problem was still there, I ended up replacing all my DI injectors because I had found one of my filters I had replaced that had got clogged up and I cut it open and there was a small amount of debris on the inside of the filter so shit had gotten through so I replaced all my injectors and now my rail pressure is much more stabilized than it was, it was very erratic and I am now and I made some very small changes to my tune (doubt they did much) but for the last couple days I have been able to run the same settings I was running prior to my issues in 113° ambient temperatures so right now I'll take it as a win for right now.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
We were suspecting a cavitation issue which has happened to some people from the pr kit, but after putting the pag kit in the problem was still there, I ended up replacing all my DI injectors because I had found one of my filters I had replaced that had got clogged up and I cut it open and there was a small amount of debris on the inside of the filter so shit had gotten through so I replaced all my injectors and now my rail pressure is much more stabilized than it was, it was very erratic and I am now and I made some very small changes to my tune (doubt they did much) but for the last couple days I have been able to run the same settings I was running prior to my issues in 113° ambient temperatures so right now I'll take it as a win for right now.

Yikes that sounds expensive. I've never heard of anyone having problems with DI injectors. Did you also delete that check valve in the line? Idk if that would make a big difference.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Yikes that sounds expensive. I've never heard of anyone having problems with DI injectors. Did you also delete that check valve in the line? Idk if that would make a big difference.
Ya I did that. It has been a pretty expensive adventure to say the least, a lot of blood sweat and tears with all the hours I have put into it trying to get this squared away.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
So tonight tried out "Moneymaker." A new revision from Hoon that based off dyno and street tuning is the most power that can be safely squeezed out of this thing.

All I gotta say is from a 50 roll, brake boosting to the moon.. it's just GONE.

Kills:
Challenger srt8 on 125 shot
62mm built D Series
Kia Stinger FBO

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So tonight tried out "Moneymaker." A new revision from Hoon that based off dyno and street tuning is the most power that can be safely squeezed out of this thing.

All I gotta say is from a 50 roll, brake boosting to the moon.. it's just GONE.

Kills:
Challenger srt8 on 125 shot
62mm built D Series
Kia Stinger FBO

Sure would like to see a video.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
When is ur 10 sec pass gettin on here lol did you figure out that kr yet? Tryn the bigger basket?

Despite “my friend” discrediting it enough..,
Question avoided? My 10 sec pass was with exhaust pulled and it was over boosting bad. Pulling timing like crazy due to iat’s. Excuses aside, I still have a 10 sec slip.

With that claim legibly link his track or Dragy times and I’ll do the the same to compare. Have a 2.9 0-60 on slicks. (On street prep)

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Despite “my friend” discrediting it enough..,
Question avoided? My 10 sec pass was with exhaust pulled and it was over boosting bad. Pulling timing like crazy due to iat’s. Excuses aside, I still have a 10 sec slip.

With that claim legibly link his track or Dragy times and I’ll do the the same to compare. Have a 2.9 0-60 on slicks. (On street prep)

That was to my bud rail roader? What?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Lol yesterday i still had the sliders up and ran into a stock 5th gen Zl1 at the gas station. I put a bus bus and a half from a 35 and 50 roll. I'm trying to get vid off my dash cam I tried to turn around but sometimes I'm not expecting to win as much so the cam doesn't catch very much lol. And i don't take passengers cuz wr brah..

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Lol yesterday i still had the sliders up and ran into a stock 5th gen Zl1 at the gas station. I put a bus bus and a half from a 35 and 50 roll. I'm trying to get vid off my dash cam I tried to turn around but sometimes I'm not expecting to win as much so the cam doesn't catch very much lol. And i don't take passengers cuz wr brah..
What's your current setup?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Like DP (catteed or uncatted), plugs etc etc. I'm sure part of your success is determined by the package. It can't just be you two spinning the shit out of the IS20 and throwing as much timing as it will take. :D

Like bolt ons? I'm still trying to blow this thing up (no not literally) so we are maxing out the is20 and having a blast with both of our cars. Dbv2 is rdy when I am lol

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Like DP (catteed or uncatted), plugs etc etc. I'm sure part of your success is determined by the package. It can't just be you two spinning the shit out of the IS20 and throwing as much timing as it will take. :D

This is my 3rd mk7 other than some little tricks picked up from other is20 nut cases nothing too crazy

Catless DP, 3" exhaust (have dump sometimes)
Mounts
eBay ic sometimes have an end tank sprayer rigged up out of an old d.o kit we ducttape controller to engine mount lol.
Neuspeed charge pipes, bigger tmd
All others Apr bolt ons/ full intake modified filter
APR tcu been fine. UMs was more fun though
Rs7 plugs been great just swapped to NGK racing -8s
Liqui Moly Oil, Ms02 additive

And then some weight reduction and iat droppers other than that all the common shit. These cars don't hook up worth shit so when I try to I just put r6s 225/40/17 on Oz's but it gets violent.

Last edited: