GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

littco l450

Amracer1

Ready to race!
Yes please.

6-8psi is limo mode boost.

There is another thread on here called Low boost and I'm sure it's very similar! Sounds tuning related if it's in limp

do you think it would be ok to load is38 base file and just do one pull to see if its related to current tune?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
There is another thread on here called Low boost and I'm sure it's very similar! Sounds tuning related if it's in limp

OP is using the same tuner as the guy in the Low Boost thread with the EQT and having exactly the same issues.

Quite a coincidence.

Amracer1

Ready to race!
OP is using the same tuner as the guy in the Low Boost thread with the EQT and having exactly the same issues.

Quite a coincidence.

i just read through that whole thread and im thinking same thing which is the reason im gonna try to load is38 base file from eurodyne and see how car runs

littco

Ready to race!
do you think it would be ok to load is38 base file and just do one pull to see if its related to current tune?

I honesty can not advise that. You will more than like damage the turbo, been there done that! A decent stage 2 maybe ok as its requesting enough torque and mass air flow but stock maps are going to lead to throttle shutting which isnt good!

littco

Ready to race!

Quite a coincidence.

Didn't realise that but yes too much of a coincidence.

The boost the OP talks of here is limp home boost setting .

Navi

Autocross Champion
so many people having trouble setting up the wastegates.. I've seen 3 people with this issue in the last week. I'm going to make a youtube video of it when I do mine real soon to help out. I asked a couple other forum members and checked the DIY is20 install thread for info. Thanks to those who contributed. I expect a smooth install wastegate adjustment.

Also, this one sounds like a tuning issue?

littco

Ready to race!
so many people having trouble setting up the wastegates.. I've seen 3 people with this issue in the last week. I'm going to make a youtube video of it when I do mine real soon to help out. I asked a couple other forum members and checked the DIY is20 install thread for info. Thanks to those who contributed. I expect a smooth install wastegate adjustment.

Also, this one sounds like a tuning issue?

Alot of issues setting them up are not using VCDS correctly. I can only speak from my own experience but the 1st ones we did where a pain. Ut once we had sussed it out they are literally setup prior to fitting and then adapted on the car and job done.

Issues with the Is20 gates are more when customers fit them as they do not sit with 0v in a closed position. When setup up correctly and the wastegate forced closed by hand then you will around 3.5v otherwise it sits naturally at about 2.6.

I'm pretty sure you can use VCDS to setup the voltage on the is20 by measuring the voltage with the ignition on and forcing the gate closed by hand and from there adjusting it to 3.5v before doing the adaptions.

With regards this one. He's done the adaptions OK and the car is only making a set boost so it's not actuator related .

I'm sure if its map related itll get sorted pretty easily

Amracer1

Ready to race!
Alot of issues setting them up are not using VCDS correctly. I can only speak from my own experience but the 1st ones we did where a pain. Ut once we had sussed it out they are literally setup prior to fitting and then adapted on the car and job done.

Issues with the Is20 gates are more when customers fit them as they do not sit with 0v in a closed position. When setup up correctly and the wastegate forced closed by hand then you will around 3.5v otherwise it sits naturally at about 2.6.

I'm pretty sure you can use VCDS to setup the voltage on the is20 by measuring the voltage with the ignition on and forcing the gate closed by hand and from there adjusting it to 3.5v before doing the adaptions.

With regards this one. He's done the adaptions OK and the car is only making a set boost so it's not actuator related .

I'm sure if its map related itll get sorted pretty easily

Ok guys just loaded a base file from eurodyne server did a quick pull and car was definatly making a lot more boost let me know what you guys think

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I honesty can not advise that. You will more than like damage the turbo, been there done that! A decent stage 2 maybe ok as its requesting enough torque and mass air flow but stock maps are going to lead to throttle shutting which isnt good!

The IS38 file he's referring to is a standard stage 2 file.

Not ideal, but good enough for a quick check to verify it isn't a hardware issue.

Amracer1

Ready to race!
Perfect, made almost 19psi so thats a lot better. Spool looks a little slow to me but there could be other factors.

Seems like its a tuning issue and not a hardware issue.

yeah im very happy it actually made some decent boost atleast i know diverter valve is good and wastegate to now i just have to wait for Frank Mabo to reply to me and see what he thinks. But i definatly think its a good starting point ill keep you guys posted

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Interesting people think its a tune issue or don’t recommend trying a base file. People have run uni stage 2 on tomioka and i ran jb4 without issues. happy to provide data showing it boost what i requested. no codes. no issues.

i find it concerning it wont hit target on a base is38 file. perhaps people should run base file first to ensure no issues before throwing custom tune on.