GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

littco l450

Amracer1

Ready to race!
Hi guys just finished my install of l450 and now im having issues with it only making couple of pounds of boost i checked all my connections and everything seems tight could it be bad diverter valve frank mabo is doing tuning and said it might be boost leak ,actuator or diverter any input would be apreciated

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
probably need to adjust wastegate. Any CEL or codes?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
When I got mine the wastegate was adjusted properly but the locknut was not tight, just snug. Maybe Dan leaves them a bit loose in case they need a final adjustment??

I'd double check that first.

Amracer1

Ready to race!
When I got mine the wastegate was adjusted properly but the locknut was not tight, just snug. Maybe Dan leaves them a bit loose in case they need a final adjustment??

I'd double check that first.

did that nut being a little loose affect your boost ?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
did that nut being a little loose affect your boost ?

It would affect it if the wastegate rattled loose over time. I caught it and tightened it during install. So far I have about 8K miles at 28-29psi, no issues.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Have you checked all the connections and piping? Check the voltage on the WG actuator. Should be 3.4 to 3.6 V.

littco

Ready to race!
Hi guys just finished my install of l450 and now im having issues with it only making couple of pounds of boost i checked all my connections and everything seems tight could it be bad diverter valve frank mabo is doing tuning and said it might be boost leak ,actuator or diverter any input would be apreciated

The actuator comes preset to the right voltage but it does say to check.

The DV I doubt is faulty as they are brand new but you need to make sure you installed the oring and its fitted correctly.

If it's only make a few psi then I doubt it's a boost leak as that would be a monster leak.

You need to log the car to check what's been requested and what's actually happening.

How much boost are you actually making

Amracer1

Ready to race!
The actuator comes preset to the right voltage but it does say to check.

The DV I doubt is faulty as they are brand new but you need to make sure you installed the oring and its fitted correctly.

If it's only make a few psi then I doubt it's a boost leak as that would be a monster leak.

You need to log the car to check what's been requested and what's actually happening.

How much boost are you actually making

i installed oring and as far as i know diverter is installed in correct position

It made around 6-8psi

i have datalog i can send you if you would like to take a look

littco

Ready to race!
i installed oring and as far as i know diverter is installed in correct position

It made around 6-8psi

i have datalog i can send you if you would like to take a look

Yes please.

6-8psi is limo mode boost.

There is another thread on here called Low boost and I'm sure it's very similar! Sounds tuning related if it's in limp