GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
For those that have the BBK installed. How’s the pedal feel for daily driving? Is it too grippy? I’m afraid that once installed, the brake will feel too touchy. Like the slightest touch will cause it to brake too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Absolutely not an issue, if anything pedal feel is more linear than it was on my stock TSI setup. One thing I have noticed is that they can be really "grabby" when coming to a complete stop, but that's basically solved through effective pedal modulation.

The stoptech supplied pads are more than adequate for street driving based on my experience, and they're relatively quiet to boot. They do squeak a little bit when coming to a complete stop (ties into above point) but once you get some heat into them they're whisper quiet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
That is good to know. Thank you for your response!

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
They came! I love the yellow even more in person. And the rotors are massive! Lol.

CozzaFrenzy808

Hey Sparky589 and MysticBlueX3

Which part numbers did you guys get?

I am interested in upgrading my TSI brakes.

Also, were the spacers absolutely needed for the König Ampliforms?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Sparky589 and MysticBlueX3

Which part numbers did you guys get?

I am interested in upgrading my TSI brakes.

Also, were the spacers absolutely needed for the König Ampliforms?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I got the 83.897.4700.21 kit which is the blue ST-40 caliper paired with slotted 355mm rotors. Now when it comes to clearance with your Ampliforms you absolutely will have to run a spacer. I wound up grabbing this set: http://www.42draftdesigns.com/vw-audi-5x112-57-1-66-56-conversion-wheel-spacers/

42DD has a really good reputation around here (the build quality really is top notch), and these spacers come with the added benefit of removing the need to run a hub centric ring with the Ampliform. Lastly based on my fitment tests I wouldn't feel safe running anything less than a 8mm spacer.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Mine were 83.897.4700.81

Damfino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI SE PP
I put in my order for 82.893.5N00.21 (MK7 GTI, ST41 blue calipers and slotted rotors) last week. Followed up this morning and they are saying 3-4 weeks. John said I needed to order a different set of brake lines so that added a little more to the price. The kit is supposed to come with brake lines. Is it really coming with the wrong lines?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I put in my order for 82.893.5N00.21 (MK7 GTI, ST41 blue calipers and slotted rotors) last week. Followed up this morning and they are saying 3-4 weeks. John said I needed to order a different set of brake lines so that added a little more to the price. The kit is supposed to come with brake lines. Is it really coming with the wrong lines?
Kit comes with lines.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Looks like I'm going to need a 5mm spacer like GTI Jake mentioned. Have about 1/2" clearance at the barrel, but really close at the spokes. Really didn't want to have to run spacers, but oh well.

Attachments

• img20190514_185536.jpg
    img20190514_185536.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 415
  • img20190514_185627.jpg
    img20190514_185627.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 424