GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
My kit had a lead time of 3 weeks which made the ship date this past Friday. Still don't have any tracking info so I'll have to contact them on Monday

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
It was a total of 14 days for me to receive my kit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

c_c

Fits but is not the proper piston sizing for the car.

So does a Golf/A3 kit like 83.897.4700.xx have smaller pistons than something like an R kit would? More piston displacement at a specific pressure due to less surface area, resulting in more torque?

Anyone have rear pad recommendations to help with balancing an 83.897.4700.xx front kit on an Mk7 R?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
So does a Golf/A3 kit like 83.897.4700.xx have smaller pistons than something like an R kit would? More piston displacement at a specific pressure due to less surface area, resulting in more torque?

Anyone have rear pad recommendations to help with balancing an 83.897.4700.xx front kit on an Mk7 R?
Yes the piston area is smaller. 36/38 vs 38/40 I believe.

I believe based in my calc you you run pagid rs29 up front & hawk dtc-60 or 70 in the rear to balance it out. That's .53 mu vs .85 mu respectively f&r.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
My kit was slated for April 18th and it will now ship out supposedly on April 25th. The 18th was the end of the 3 week lead time. They said stoptech is being killed by the clearance sale so it's taking them a while to fill orders.

I'll let you guys know when it finally ships.

Good thing I didn't register for the. Track day this weekend [emoji23]

c_c

Yes the piston area is smaller. 36/38 vs 38/40 I believe.

I believe based in my calc you you run pagid rs29 up front & hawk dtc-60 or 70 in the rear to balance it out. That's .53 mu vs .85 mu respectively f&r.

Thanks!

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys so I just pulled the trigger on and basically I can get any pad that fits the ST-41 caliper such as these https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_7425_2026&products_id=4589 right?

Also I plan on getting Enkei PF01s 17x8 in 35mm offset, anyone know if these'll fit? I'll probably call stoptech to make sure, just wanted to see if anyone has this combo.

They won't know. You gotta either use a template or contact enkei they miiiight know. H

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Just spoke with buybrakes. Looks like my order is taking longer than the estimated 2 weeks. Estimated ship date is the 30th which puts it on the full 3 weeks time. The wait is killing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Just spoke with buybrakes. Looks like my order is taking longer than the estimated 2 weeks. Estimated ship date is the 30th which puts it on the full 3 weeks time. The wait is killing me!

i'm at 4 weeks. you share my pain.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Just got my shipping notification. It will be here tomorrow!