GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Had a rather productive afternoon if I do say so myself.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Just finished the bed in procedure...brakes feel good!!! Great upgrade.

I second the motive power bleeder recommendation. I've bled brakes without it, but doing a full system flush (by myself), was so much easier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Had a rather productive afternoon if I do say so myself.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Looks awesome!

Just finished the bed in procedure...brakes feel good!!! Great upgrade.

I second the motive power bleeder recommendation. I've bled brakes without it, but doing a full system flush (by myself), was so much easier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Let’s see some pictures!

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Just bedded them in tonight. All I have to say is that be without a shadow of a doubt this is one of the best mods I've done for the car. Brake response is markedly better than before, especially when it comes to modulation. And the actual sustained stopping power physically hurt my face. This is without a doubt the most powerful consistent braking I've ever felt.

I'm not even kidding my temples are still a little sore.

This is what the inside of the wheel looks like after 20 hard stops from 60 and about 15 miles of very spirited driving thereafter. It was perfectly clean before that lol.

vstypicals

Ready to race!
Car(s)
N/A
If I wanted ST40, 355mm for MK7 GTI.. for cheapest price. Which kit (part number) should I get?

(I got confused with all the part numbers. LOL.)

EDIT 1: This 83.893.4700.61 (silver)? BuyBrakes.com site lists them for $1390. How did MonkeyMD get them for $1250?

EDIT 2: Oh, he bought the A3 kit (83.897.4700.61) for $1250?

EDIT 3: What's the reason behind GTI Jake getting the MK6 variant again?

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If I wanted ST40, 355mm for MK7 GTI.. for cheapest price. Which kit (part number) should I get?

(I got confused with all the part numbers. LOL.)

EDIT 1: This 83.893.4700.61 (silver)? BuyBrakes.com site lists them for $1390. How did MonkeyMD get them for $1250?

EDIT 2: Oh, he bought the A3 kit (83.897.4700.61) for $1250?

EDIT 3: What's the reason behind GTI Jake getting the MK6 variant again?

I bought the mk6 kit to get the ST40 355mm I wanted, as they were sold out for the gti. At the time I didn’t really know or care that they were a “mk6 kit” because nobody here knew the lines were different until I did my install. I was just basing my options on the three vehicle codes of the part number known to bolt up on our cars: 892, 893, and 895

As far as I know there’s no price difference between the kits, and if you ask when ordering they’ll send you the correct mk7 lines rather than the mk6 ones

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
For those that got your kit. Did you get an email saying it was shipped with tracking #? How long did it take from getting an invoice to getting a shipping confirmation?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
For those that got your kit. Did you get an email saying it was shipped with tracking #? How long did it take from getting an invoice to getting a shipping confirmation?

Yes. I paid and got my invoice on the same day, Monday, got shipping notification on Friday, and received them the following Wednesday.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Mine took about two weeks to ship and the tracking went to my junk folder, so check yours if it’s been a while.

The kits are built to order so that’s a normal lead time. I also got my order conformation right away