GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Looks like I'm going to need a 5mm spacer like GTI Jake mentioned. Have about 1/2" clearance at the barrel, but really close at the spokes. Really didn't want to have to run spacers, but oh well.

What wheels are you on? Looks like a tight clearance with the template lol.

I have the ST40 kit w/ 355mm rotors on mine and clearance is pretty snug even with 10mm spacers on Pretoria and Durban wheels. I'll take some closer pics later. I actually hear it rubbing a little on full lock, will have to check that out.

Last edited:

Sesameopen1

Ok guys my ST41s just arrived in the mail and I'll be installing them tomorrow.

I have a few questions since this will be my first caliper install and brake fluid flush. I do have a motive brake bleeder.

1. Which bleed screw do I bleed first? I'm not sure what outboard vs. inboard is. Logo side first or other side first?

2. Which wheel do I flush first if I'm doing all 4?

3. Is 1L of fluid (rbf660) enough for adding it as well as flushing the rears?

4. What pad shape/size do I buy for this caliper? Searching ST41 pads didn't yield the results I wanted. Looking for something like a Hawk DTCs or Raybestos.

Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
inboard is inside
outboard is outside(with the logo)

I've always done furthest from the master cylinder, so RR, RL, FR, FL.
But... apparently VW states do closest to the master cylinder first. Beats me.

1L should be enough.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Polka covered just about everything, but if you want pads for your calipers this site has them.

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_7425_2026

Keep in mind you should have a perfectly good set of stoptech sport pads included with the kit. They will serve you just fine unless you have some serious track work coming up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Yeah, the stoptech sport pads work really well. I'm running them front and back.

Was running Ferodo DS2500's on the stock PP front brakes before and for my driving, the stoptechs work better.

Sesameopen1

Sounds good guys. Wanted more higher temp pads because I've had "sportier pads" such as the EBC yellows melt. I'll see how the sport pads do before I make a decision of course.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
What wheels are you on? Looks like a tight clearance with the template lol.

I have the ST40 kit w/ 355mm rotors on mine and clearance is pretty snug even with 10mm spacers on Pretoria and Durban wheels. I'll take some closer pics later. I actually hear it rubbing a little on full lock, will have to check that out.

Have Audi A4 S-Line wheels 18x8 et46. I know Durban are 18x7.5 et51 so theoretically mine should have about 11mm more clearance. Pretoria is 19x8 et 50 so again, mine should have 4mm more clearance. Disclaimer is if course wheel design had more to do with it than specs. I could reasonably run 15mm with my camber mounts, but don't want to. Having shop install and they have spacers in store they can right fit.

Marked where the work touches. It was about 3.5mm from far end of marking where should have measured from closer side.

Btw, your car looks great. Those Prets are ?

Attachments

• img20190517_081457.jpg
    img20190517_081457.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 384

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Have Audi A4 S-Line wheels 18x8 et46. I know Durban are 18x7.5 et51 so theoretically mine should have about 11mm more clearance. Pretoria is 19x8 et 50 so again, mine should have 4mm more clearance. Disclaimer is if course wheel design had more to do with it than specs. I could reasonably run 15mm with my camber mounts, but don't want to. Having shop install and they have spacers in store they can right fit.

Marked where the work touches. It was about 3.5mm from far end of marking where should have measured from closer side.

Btw, your car looks great. Those Prets are ?

Thanks! Oh yeah, should be good with that offset then. I wish I can run w/o spacers haha, but I'll save that for the next set of wheels. I've been eyeing these new lightweight (not sure, they haven't released info on weights yet but they said these will be light? lol) Fifteen52 wheels. These or a set of not so light RAYS Gram lights. Hoping for proper offset so I wouldn't need to run spacers...

Which caliper color did you end up getting? Keep us posted!

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Finally got them on the car. What can I say. Totally worth the wait! The bigger rotors fill the wheels nicely and the yellow calipers are gorgeous with the Tungsten Silver paint. Will give some more reviews after a few days driving time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Finally got them on the car. What can I say. Totally worth the wait! The bigger rotors fill the wheels nicely and the yellow calipers are gorgeous with the Tungsten Silver paint. Will give some more reviews after a few days driving time.

Didn't think I would like yellow calipers but, Damn that looks great. Just pops. Just need some black mirror caps and yellow fogs to go with it

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
You gonna paint the rears to match?

I don’t think so. It might be too much yellow. I’m kinda dig that the pop is only in the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
Word. I picked up a set of TTRS brakes that are powder coated yellow and I'm trying to decide which way to go with the rears. It's on an R so they're already painted black.