GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

Sesameopen1

Finally got them installed. Yellow ST41s

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeti

Just ordered the 82.893.5N00.61 in silver for my MK7 GTI. How will the brake bias and fitment work? Is the piston sized such that the bias is going to be messed up? Also, pretty sure I need brake lines, working with John on getting a pair. Unless some S3 SS lines will work?

Also wanted to know if you think ST41s will clear 18x8 ET45 OZs. Thanks a bunch and looking good guys.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just ordered the 82.893.5N00.61 in silver for my MK7 GTI. How will the brake bias and fitment work? Is the piston sized such that the bias is going to be messed up? Also, pretty sure I need brake lines, working with John on getting a pair. Unless some S3 SS lines will work?

Also wanted to know if you think ST41s will clear 18x8 ET45 OZs. Thanks a bunch and looking good guys.

Only Stoptech lines will work, as the threads in the calipers are way different than OEM

I posted the PN a while back and shot a video. John also has the info on it as well

https://youtu.be/4ViQ_GqLnVo

Yeti

Only Stoptech lines will work, as the threads in the calipers are way different than OEM

I posted the PN a while back and shot a video. John also has the info on it as well

https://youtu.be/4ViQ_GqLnVo

Just as I suspected! Thanks Jake. Watched the vid and read this entire thread. Appreciate your contribution. Are you knowledgeable about the brake bias question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just as I suspected! Thanks Jake. Watched the vid and read this entire thread. Appreciate your contribution. Are you knowledgeable about the brake bias question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s guys who would know exactly the scientific answer, but based on personal experience it’s not an issue with the pads they supply.

I run ST40 355 with my OEM non PP rear brakes and the car handles flawlessly from a braking perspective IMO.

Only one track day under my belt, but boat loads of other racing experience. I’ll be switching to proper track tires and pads later this year or early next year, but for now I’m actually just throwing another fresh set of OEM pads on out back as 75k miles in they’re making noise finally

Yeti

MK7 GTI StopTech BBK Handling

*snipped*

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing. The technical data ultimately is negligible in comparison to actual performance results. Glad to hear that you like it. Your MK7 in Pure White looks fantastic too! I got TR and wrapped it, but Pure White is one of my favorite colors — always will be.

Oh, and even if I wanted to compare the piston sizes, etc. I cannot because StopTech's new website is literally unusable.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Great to hear! Thanks for sharing. The technical data ultimately is negligible in comparison to actual performance results. Glad to hear that you like it. Your MK7 in Pure White looks fantastic too! I got TR and wrapped it, but Pure White is one of my favorite colors — always will be.

Oh, and even if I wanted to compare the piston sizes, etc. I cannot because StopTech's new website is literally unusable.

Thanks! I had CSG & UG mk6 prior to that so I was ready for something brighter

I haven’t been on their new site, John at buy brakes should be able to track down exact specs of you ask

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if the pads on the non-pp are the same as the pp/R, but I'd spend a little bit more for the stoptech street/sport pads if not just for the fact that there's less dust lol

There’s guys who would know exactly the scientific answer, but based on personal experience it’s not an issue with the pads they supply.

I run ST40 355 with my OEM non PP rear brakes and the car handles flawlessly from a braking perspective IMO.

Only one track day under my belt, but boat loads of other racing experience. I’ll be switching to proper track tires and pads later this year or early next year, but for now I’m actually just throwing another fresh set of OEM pads on out back as 75k miles in they’re making noise finally

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
wow pad swaps are easy as hell with these brakes.

Couldn't get the squealing under control with the Stoptech provided Sport pads, even after multiple bed-ins.

Replaced with the Street version (308 / formally posi quiet)

Got them bedding in quickly and they feel even better honestly.
They are much better for street driving and are as quiet as stock.

I don't have plans to track the car. Drag strip whenever I can but stopping once from 120mph isn't nearly as hard as doing a road course or autox.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Not sure if the pads on the non-pp are the same as the pp/R, but I'd spend a little bit more for the stoptech street/sport pads if not just for the fact that there's less dust lol

OEM non PP don’t dust bad. These are just temporary anyway I’m upgrading the rear brakes as well