GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precision race works MPI install

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Did you have to use a new intake manifold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't have to I just got a new one to get it all ready and if I decide or have to get rid if the car or the kit I can take it off and put another back on

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Sorry, I meant Holt when he installed the new hardware.

Mars1

Ready to race!
I don't know man, I installed those inserts from PR myself and even at 50 psi I'm confident they aren't going anywhere.

Mars1

Ready to race!
I hope they don't, lol Im just sharing I know of four personally that failed. all installed by different parties.

I hear ya brother. I was worried about what happens when it gets hot after warming up, you know? So I emailed precision racing and this was their response-

"Looks like we are unable to post to this forum as we are not a sponsor, but you can rest assured the inserts have never pulled out for anyone that followed instructions. We were told directly by the installers who did have issues that they didn't follow our instructions as they didn't like them so they did their own method of install.

Attached are photos from a pull test where we heated the intake manifold up to 300degrees bolted it to a pallet rack and used a pull scale to show load. We actually pulled over 100lbs and never got the inserts to move any but didn't get pictures. Regardless 70+ lbs of force over 1 single insert when there are 2 on the intake manifold is significantly more force than the manifold will ever see in the real world. There are also several hundred kits that were sold last year, if this was a real problem it would be seen all over the forums with dozens of horror stories and photos. Forums are great for sharing information however the reliability of the information becomes questionable at times as people share what they have heard like it is fact. Short version is this isn't a problem and never has been a problem, there has only been problems with a couple people early on who did not follow instructions and it continues to get shared like it is fact when it isn't.

Follow our instructions as they are written without making any modifications to them and you will be fine and never have any issues.

Best Regards,
PR Sales Team"

Attachments

• Pull test 1.jpg
    Pull test 1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 495
  • Pull test 2.jpg
    Pull test 2.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 492

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Getting there

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Oh that's pretty!

What are you doing for fuel lines around the engine?

I imagine if I were to ever throw in MPI, I would want to go all out and replace the lines with some nice SS braided / AN fitted stuff.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Oh that's pretty!

What are you doing for fuel lines around the engine?

I imagine if I were to ever throw in MPI, I would want to go all out and replace the lines with some nice SS braided / AN fitted stuff.
Stockish stuff for now. I have a fuel it sensor and whatever the kit came with

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

That’s where mine is seated as well. But if you have the rail off with the injector you can push the injector in even more. This is where I’m worried.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Well it's all done, works great, I installed the rail on the intake prior to installing g the intake, I had to back the bolts back out of the intake and pull the intake out a bit to get the injector connectors on, the fuel line was a bit of a pain to get on, I had to figure out how and where I was going to remount my fuel it sensor, flashed the car and put some ethanol in and tried it out, running e46 right now and only 28psi on the eqt, it ran great, prior I was misfiring above 6k on 28psi with e30, not no more time to turn it up. The wiring wasnt to bad but putting the pins in and getting the lock back on was a pain, getting the fuse block apart was also a pain

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Time to update the ol' sig again.
Lol I will. Oh and that question you had about the i.e hoses, the i.e hoses are what I'm using on the EQT charge pipe

railroader

Autocross Newbie
So you were misfiring above 6k even with upgraded lpfp & hpfp?
Ya, just didnt have enough fuel, had to drop it down to e25