GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precison Raceworks Stage 3 LPFP DIY/Tips

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone else have a hard time getting the assembly seated back in the tank? I can't get it to seat flush no matter what I do. Feels like it's hitting the bottom of the tank before it seats up top. Hardest f'ng thing I've ever done!

Make sure you do not have tank lines under the assembly getting in the way. I dunno about GTI, but in the R we have saddle tanks and there were several lines going either way. I too had a real hard time. what's worse was getting the level sender in the "proper" orientation to show a full tank when it was filled up. kept showing 3/4tank full when actually full. got tired of fuel soaked hand. this even though there was a "locater tab" on the ring. its just a messed up design if you ask me..... when you put the whole assembly in you sort of have to push down on it. it's spring loaded top. maybe that is where you are getting messed up.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone else have a hard time getting the assembly seated back in the tank? I can't get it to seat flush no matter what I do. Feels like it's hitting the bottom of the tank before it seats up top. Hardest f'ng thing I've ever done!

Do you have a 7.5? I think there was a revision to the basket on them and there is a further mod to get it to work. There is a post in the R engine section.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Make sure you do not have tank lines under the assembly getting in the way. I dunno about GTI, but in the R we have saddle tanks and there were several lines going either way. I too had a real hard time. what's worse was getting the level sender in the "proper" orientation to show a full tank when it was filled up. kept showing 3/4tank full when actually full. got tired of fuel soaked hand. this even though there was a "locater tab" on the ring. its just a messed up design if you ask me..... when you put the whole assembly in you sort of have to push down on it. it's spring loaded top. maybe that is where you are getting messed up.

This is what it seemed like, but I tried to make sure none of the lines were under it. I forced it in and got the ring on, but now I get a 'gas tank malfunction' error on the dash, so something is wrong. Out it comes in the morning again.

I have a '15 S3, so assume the same as an R. I have 2 electrical connectors on the top hat, unlike the instructions that show only 1 connection.

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you guys know if Cobb supports the software changes required to run this pump off the stock fuel controller?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Do you guys know if Cobb supports the software changes required to run this pump off the stock fuel controller?

Your talking about running the walbro 450 or 525 with cobb? You will be fine,

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Your talking about running the walbro 450 or 525 with cobb? You will be fine,

Yes that's what I'm leaning to. Wasn't sure if it was Cobb supported. Guess I could have just asked Ed. Lol

I'm just gathering parts before I drop in this L450. Since I only get crap 91 in California, I'm thinking I want to upgrade the LPFP so I can run something like E30 and have Ed give me a 91 tune and an E30 tune. At least they recently opened a station near me with E85.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yes that's what I'm leaning to. Wasn't sure if it was Cobb supported. Guess I could have just asked Ed. Lol

I'm just gathering parts before I drop in this L450. Since I only get crap 91 in California, I'm thinking I want to upgrade the LPFP so I can run something like E30 and have Ed give me a 91 tune and an E30 tune. At least they recently opened a station near me with E85.

Cobb just doesn't support MPI, yet.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Do you have the hpfp

railroader

Autocross Newbie

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have the hpfp

Yes I have the HPFP. MPI would be the ideal plan, but I really don't want to wait without a date even being thrown around. If I install all this stuff right now, I'll probably never go MPI.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Yes I have the HPFP. MPI would be the ideal plan, but I really don't want to wait without a date even being thrown around. If I install all this stuff right now, I'll probably never go MPI.

Never say never lol

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Never say never lol

I mean I could sell the Cobb, the HPFP, install MPI and drop it off at EQT since it's only 5 hours from me. He can play around on a new tuning platform on the dyno. Haha.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
For those that have this kit, did you get or do you have a cel popping up for codes P308D00 and P2635 which pertain to the fuel pump? If so, what was the issue?

I've gotten it twice since installing this kit and would just clear them with OBD11 because there is no change in my car's performance.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I did often, before I modified my pump as shown in my thread (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49547)

Once the pump was re-seated correctly, no more pump errors. Note that I also got them with the 525lph pump, which the OEM pump controller was not happy with. Daily driving was fine, but giving it the sauce with the EQT turbo had the controller going into protection mode which shuts the pump off momentarily giving you a dangerously lean condition.

Would recommend NOT going with a 525lph at present time.