GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Littco L450 on it's way over the pond!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Just an update, the tune is close.

Boost & fueling are dialed in, holding 28psi from spool to redline.

I think it'll take 1-2 more degrees of timing but that's about it.

Lots of data soon!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
E50 still? How much timing now?

No, just pump gas for now.

I'm going to give Ed some time to mess with the PR 450 on his own car, and make a decision after that.

I might go meth instead depending on his results and other things that are going on in life. I'm not going to drive my car this winter, so I'll have at least 3 months during the salt season to think about it.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Just an update, the tune is close.

Boost & fueling are dialed in, holding 28psi from spool to redline.

I think it'll take 1-2 more degrees of timing but that's about it.

Lots of data soon!

Excited to see what you are doing here. Only question is, if it is targeting 28 psi right now in colder weather, what happens next Summer? Are you going to have a detuned map you will run normally?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
No, just pump gas for now.

I'm going to give Ed some time to mess with the PR 450 on his own car, and make a decision after that.

I might go meth instead depending on his results and other things that are going on in life. I'm not going to drive my car this winter, so I'll have at least 3 months during the salt season to think about it.
How much timing are you seeing on 28psi

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Excited to see what you are doing here. Only question is, if it is targeting 28 psi right now in colder weather, what happens next Summer? Are you going to have a detuned map you will run normally?

I'm not positive if Ed is working off load or a boost target. From what I can see it appears to be a boost target, so it will not change in summer.

I didn't see much change in knock with the IS38. If there is a slight change I can switch to better fuel. I chose a mediocre brand for the tuning process.

How much timing are you seeing on 28psi

Currently 6 degrees and it's extremely clean.

I ran 8.5 on pump gas with IS38 so I don't expect it to take more than 7-8.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Ok, we're on the knock threshold now. Tune might get a few tweaks but most of the power is now on tap. Obviously it's not fair to compare the L450 on pump gas to the IS38 on an ethanol blend, but that's what i'm going to do. :)

It's very close to as fast on pump gas with the L450 as it was with the IS38 on E30-E50.

From 90-150mph (just so happened to be the best range to compare with old logs done on the same stretch of road) it's 3 tenths slower with the L450 than it was with the IS38. 12.9 seconds vs 12.6 seconds.

IS38 was on E30 with 14.5 degrees of timing, L450 is on pump with 7.8 degrees.

I had a completely full tank of fuel tonight, not sure what the fuel level was with the IS38 run.

60-130 via datalog is 9.5 seconds, which is about accurate because this is slightly downhill and would not be a valid run. IS38 ran a best of 9.73 via Dragy on a .6% decline, but most pulls were closer to 10.0. I think the L450 on pump will touch the high 9s..maybe it will surprise me with less fuel in it and match the IS38s time on ethanol.

Once the tune is final i will dyno. It made 399/434 IS38 on E50, i think it will make over 400whp on pump with this turbo but doesn't run quite as fast because it doesn't have the monster midrange torque.

When this one has some octane it will be a different animal, i'm sure.

One other note, from 35-150mph IATs went up 14 degrees with the IS38. Same run with this turbo saw a 21 degree increase, so it is definitely a bit more taxing in the intercooler.

More data soon.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ok, we're on the knock threshold now. Tune might get a few tweaks but most of the power is now on tap. Obviously it's not fair to compare the L450 on pump gas to the IS38 on an ethanol blend, but that's what i'm going to do. :)

It's very close to as fast on pump gas with the L450 as it was with the IS38 on E30-E50.

From 90-150mph (just so happened to be the best range to compare with old logs done on the same stretch of road) it's 3 tenths slower with the L450 than it was with the IS38. 12.9 seconds vs 12.6 seconds.

IS38 was on E30 with 14.5 degrees of timing, L450 is on pump with 7.8 degrees.

I had a completely full tank of fuel tonight, not sure what the fuel level was with the IS38 run.

60-130 via datalog is 9.5 seconds, which is about accurate because this is slightly downhill and would not be a valid run. IS38 ran a best of 9.73 via Dragy on a .6% decline, but most pulls were closer to 10.0. I think the L450 on pump will touch the high 9s..maybe it will surprise me with less fuel in it and match the IS38s time on ethanol.

Once the tune is final i will dyno. It made 399/434 IS38 on E50, i think it will make over 400whp on pump with this turbo but doesn't run quite as fast because it doesn't have the monster midrange torque.

When this one has some octane it will be a different animal, i'm sure.

One other note, from 35-150mph IATs went up 14 degrees with the IS38. Same run with this turbo saw a 21 degree increase, so it is definitely a bit more taxing in the intercooler.

More data soon.

Very nice, cant wait to see your dyno results, mine is going on the dyno friday afternoon at 5p.m

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Mine will be installed Friday!! Expecting 420SHP on pump 92 - we shall see

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I'll be ordering mine soon and I plan on going the pump 93 route, so I'm excited to see what results you get. Looking to get in the 400-410WHP as well.

I should clarify - I am installing the EQT

tytus1994

Ready to race!
How much is littco IS38x and what kind of power would it make compared to the eqt and L450.
Are you happy with the 450?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

littco

Ready to race!
How much is littco IS38x and what kind of power would it make compared to the eqt and L450.
Are you happy with the 450?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Is38x is £950+delivery. It's a stock based turbo with a clipped turbine so really isn't comparable to the L450. it's more for someone looking for IS38 power but the reliability of a hybrid.

littco

Ready to race!
Something worth noting is that our L500 uses the Sl2r turbine using in other companies hybrids. In our testing the L450 spools about 800rpm quicker compared to the L500 and this is down to the turbine.

The L500 turbine is 225g where as the L450 is 160g so over 1/3 lighter along with it's better blade design for fast spool it really is much quicker than the SL2r based turbo's. down side is that it doesn't flow as much but at the 450bhp mark it's ideal