GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

bekro

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GtI SE
Excellent. Really just hoping to have some sort of traction in 2nd and not hate life because it sounds like a truck on swampers.
Cant vouch for 2nd gear traction until I get the eqt put on my car. Damn Michigan winters.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Excellent. Really just hoping to have some sort of traction in 2nd and not hate life because it sounds like a truck on swampers.

Not going to happen Diggs. Traction begins in 3rd gear on any street tire (when above 400wtq)

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
How are you not rubbing? I rubbed over any substantial bump on et45 18's with 235/40 on coilovers.

Camber I guess? And only being 25" FTG up front, and around 26" in the rear. The car is not slammed, and I have the fender screws removed up front. I think I heard a little scuff on my last track day, there are parts of the fender where the bumper meets it that still need to get dremel'd down for clearance, but nothing dramatic has been done to the car.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Not going to happen Diggs. Traction begins in 3rd gear on any street tire (when above 400wtq)

not true at all, i reduced torque request in 1st and 2nd gears. 1st still spun abit and 2nd barely spun at all with my ps4s 245/35/18.
not that its a true indicator but i ran 3.99 0-100 km on my p3 gauge setup up this way and this is with a stock non pp dsg trans, a dif would help too
.either way, i bought an r so i wouldn't have to deal with this kind of shit

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
2nd gear lights up the tires for me at WOT if not making use of the Cobb traction control

Though I'm on 225mm all seasons...

Hoon

Autocross Champion
not true at all, i reduced torque request in 1st and 2nd gears. 1st still spun abit and 2nd barely spun at all with my ps4s 245/35/18.
not that its a true indicator but i ran 3.99 0-100 km on my p3 gauge setup up this way and this is with a stock non pp dsg trans, a dif would help too

Not true at all...

Proceeds to agree with me and prove my point. Lol

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Not true at all...

Proceeds to agree with me and prove my point. Lol
not really, hooking up with a gti is possible, you just have to make an effort to set it up right.
you can make excuses why you can't get traction or you complain about the lack of it, or you can fix the problem , like I did.
Even my vrt running a 205 40 17 street tire ( not r compound) tire had very little wheel spin.
I daily my car now so the R was an all weather conditions upgrade for me. Nothing beats going sideways around a corner in the winter

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
not really, hooking up with a gti is possible, you just have to make an effort to set it up right.
you can make excuses why you can't get traction or you complain about the lack of it, or you can fix the problem , like I did.
Even my vrt running a 205 40 17 street tire ( not r compound) tire had very little wheel spin.
I daily my car now so the R was an all weather conditions upgrade for me. Nothing beats going sideways around a corner in the winter

Yeah but your peak torque is at like 8k tho.....:D

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
How are you not rubbing? I rubbed over any substantial bump on et45 18's with 235/40 on coilovers.

I have 245/40/18’s on mine with no rubbing issues.

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
So, the Vortex is installed along with supporting mods. EQT base map installed. Car runs as it did before....on to the logging....attempted this am.

From the emailed directions....
and select the loglist1.cfg file. This will pre-set the logging parameters I need to see for tuning.

Did not see anything bearing resemblance to 'Load custom log list'...nor did I see the file name in the list of selectable items. There were some dozen or score of items selected for logging, so I proceeded.

Being new to Cobb - I thought I'd ask in here if I missed something.

Now the no-fun begins :)...
Please refrain from doing additional pulls until your logs have been reviewed.

Nevermind: I RTFM, it's clear now.

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What brand exactly?
245/40 R18 seems good option for big chargers.
I run nt555r 245x45x17 no rubbing

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekro

I have 245/40/18’s on mine with no rubbing issues.
--------------------------------------------

What brand exactly?
245/40 R18 seems good option for big chargers