GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Car is running great.

Stupid noob question: Looking at the data, I see a channel 'charge air temperature F' which peaks at 286. The magnitude of that is surprising to me. Yes, compressing air it heats up, but that much? Also, I'd think the temp of value would be after the intercooler. Is this channel after the intercooler? Seems so hot I was guessing it's before the intercooler.

That’s a modeled pre-intercooler temp. Your post intercooler measured temp is the IAT value.

— Ed

bekro

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GtI SE
Somebody please post the path in which I can do the wastegate actuator adaptation via obdeleven? I am in the process of installi.g the turbo as we speak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
EQT out, is20 back in, just a picture of the turbine so you can see the difference (not the best picture) intake with mpi is off, ready to put stock intake on and about to remove the ic and put stock ic back it, when it's all done and back to stock I will be 270+whp slower

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Ya, gonna get an A3 quattro and put it all back on that

Installing that on the a3 is gonna be wayy less fun. Mine was at least

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Installing that on the a3 is gonna be wayy less fun. Mine was at least
Why is that?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Why is that?

It's pretty much everything has to be done from up top. Nothing is accessible from underneath and having some stubby triple square sockets is the only way to get the coolant line off near the firewall. All my lines were completely frozen to the turbo too so that's something that was a new challenge.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
It's pretty much everything has to be done from up top. Nothing is accessible from underneath and having some stubby triple square sockets is the only way to get the coolant line off near the firewall. All my lines were completely frozen to the turbo too so that's something that was a new challenge.
Even with the dp and everything remove from the car, you can use an allen wrench for that triple square. I'm sure it wont be fun but the traction will be worth it

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Here's a 2017 Golf R that we finished up last week. We installed our EQT Turbo, charge pipe, HPFP, LPFP, and performed a custom tune. The car is running a mixed 95-96 octane fuel. The tune is done at 28psi.

Attachments

• kelvin_17golf r.jpg
    kelvin_17golf r.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 336

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Even with the dp and everything remove from the car, you can use an allen wrench for that triple square. I'm sure it wont be fun but the traction will be worth it

He just means that because the bevel box is directly behind the block, you can't get it from directly under the block, you need to reach in through the driveshaft/downpipe tunnel to get to the oil & coolant bolts and unless you have 10 ft long arms, you really can't be looking at the bolt and loosening at the same time, especially the oil drain bolt.

I did the whole turbo install quite easily with the exception of getting the oil drain bolt back on, I had to call in help just to put that damn bolt back on cause it was near impossible by myself

railroader

Autocross Newbie
He just means that because the bevel box is directly behind the block, you can't get it from directly under the block, you need to reach in through the driveshaft/downpipe tunnel to get to the oil & coolant bolts and unless you have 10 ft long arms, you really can't be looking at the bolt and loosening at the same time, especially the oil drain bolt.

I did the whole turbo install quite easily with the exception of getting the oil drain bolt back on, I had to call in help just to put that damn bolt back on cause it was near impossible by myself
I get all the lines from up top anyway, I dont remove any from the block