GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Mine are Hankook RS4’s on Enkei RS05RR’s. Absolutely no rubbing issue.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Ed post a pic please I’m summer shopping those are 8.5” with 45et yes?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
What offsets are you guys running? Lowered?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

+45 IIRC but I got these wheels a long time ago. I've been lowered and stock height on them with no issues.

-- Ed

bekro

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GtI SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekro
How are you not rubbing? I rubbed over any substantial bump on et45 18's with 235/40 on coilovers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

I have 245/40/18’s on mine with no rubbing issues.
--------------------------------------------

What brand exactly?
245/40 R18 seems good option for big chargers
Nuespeed Rse10 Et45. Not quite sure what I did that was any different from what everybody else is doing without rubbing issues. Really crappy Michigan roads I suppose. I even did the "screw mod" and everything. I will try once again to lower the car one of these days... 1st things 1st, I got to get this EQT turbo on my car and get the base tune fined tuned before I do anything else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So, the Vortex is installed along with supporting mods. EQT base map installed. Car runs as it did before....on to the logging....attempted this am.

From the emailed directions....

Did not see anything bearing resemblance to 'Load custom log list'...nor did I see the file name in the list of selectable items. There were some dozen or score of items selected for logging, so I proceeded.

Being new to Cobb - I thought I'd ask in here if I missed something.

Now the no-fun begins :)...

Nevermind: I RTFM, it's clear now.
That first revision though from base map!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey guys, here's a recent customer's results. This is a 2016 Golf R. The car went in to AWD tuning for a baseline run with basic bolt-ons running Cobb's Stage 3 93 Octane file. Then the AWD tuning installed our EQT Vortex Turbo and APR HPFP and I e-tuned the car for them. Here are the results from baseline to the finished product. All on just 93 Octane pump gas. That's 90whp gain from turbo, HPFP, and tuning... not too shabby.

Thanks
-- Ed

Attachments

• Chris D VW Golf R PowerDynePC.jpg
    Chris D VW Golf R PowerDynePC.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 553

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys, here's a recent customer's results. This is a 2016 Golf R. The car went in to AWD tuning for a baseline run with basic bolt-ons running Cobb's Stage 3 93 Octane file. Then the AWD tuning installed our EQT Vortex Turbo and APR HPFP and I e-tuned the car for them. Here are the results from baseline to the finished product. All on just 93 Octane pump gas. That's 90whp gain from turbo, HPFP, and tuning... not too shabby.

Thanks
-- Ed

I'm amazed the spool time isn't slower vs. the is38. impressive stuff

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Car is running great.

Stupid noob question: Looking at the data, I see a channel 'charge air temperature F' which peaks at 286. The magnitude of that is surprising to me. Yes, compressing air it heats up, but that much? Also, I'd think the temp of value would be after the intercooler. Is this channel after the intercooler? Seems so hot I was guessing it's before the intercooler.