GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
AFAIK, it was making too much to feel 100% safe with the stock internals.

But I don't want to put words into peoples keyboards.
I wasnt to worried about the motor and power levels we pulled mid range power out after I dynoed but I added more up top, I pulled a bunch out, dropped down to 26psi and pulled timing just because I am planning on getting rid of the car and just didnt want to risk anything, I also hardly drive the car right now just to keep miles low,

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
if going fast in a straight line is important to you get the s3. the a3 has long ass gearing like the gti
It can still be fast, main thing is just being able to put the power down, but above all is saving more money for in the event we have another baby coming, of coarse I would rather have an s3 but that will only be if I get a good deal on one. I have found a 2016 premium plus s3 with 28k miles for 25k

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
I've heard similar things with Eurodyne. My tuner made me remove mine prior to doing my stage2 etune.

Same here. was trying to keep JB4 as a pass-thru. Mainly for logging purposes. but UM did not allow it. they said it interferes with their tune. I had to remove it.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Same here. was trying to keep JB4 as a pass-thru. Mainly for logging purposes. but UM did not allow it. they said it interferes with their tune. I had to remove it.

My tuner (Ed) advised against me using my JB4, even just as a WMI controller. I of course obliged, he knows more than I do.

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
I've heard similar things with Eurodyne. My tuner made me remove mine prior to doing my stage2 etune.

Even off the self tunes.....
I think there have been 2 threads on Vortex Mk7 R forum about grenaded turbos - both were stacked. The one I recall was stacked on Unitronic Stage 2 Crackle / Overrun.

bekro

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GtI SE
Probably not quiet. Not the R version if that matters.
I did not notice a ton of road noise on my 235's. I ran them all last summer on 18" RSE10. They will be going back on when the warmer weather comes back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

bekro

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GtI SE
That's a bad side to look at because the lovely VW rear subframe offset, it's about 5-6mm further out than the driver side. The front poke is also really minimal from my camber which is ~-2.2 I believe. The rear camber is only ~-1.6-8 IIRC so the top of the tire is more poked.

I don't have anything real straight on but this is the driver side:
20181124_131607_HDR by Jon Collier, on Flickr
How are you not rubbing? I rubbed over any substantial bump on et45 18's with 235/40 on coilovers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk