GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Pack LSD Service?

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone serviced their LSD on their GTI PP yet? I'm approaching 30k miles, which I believe is the service interval for a fluid change for the PP LSD. How hard is this to do? Is it as annoying as a DSG fluid change or as easy as an oil change?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Haven't done mine yet, but will do it in the spring. Fluid is already on the shelf.

Based on what I've read it's just like a manual trans, upper fill plug and lower drain plug.

Should be a 5 min job.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I have had 30,000 and 40,000 and not comment made about LSD service.
At 40,000 DSG oil changed but no work on LSD.
Do you should documentation that work is required?
Please share. Thanks.

You're past due.

It's supposed to be done @ 30K per VW.

bcgti

Ready to race!
I really don't understand this - VW NA does not list this as a maintenance item, they don't even mention it.

The dealer always wants to add on extra fluid changes and other maintenance items so if this truly needs to be changed why is no dealer pushing it????? The 2018's now have a 6yr/72000mile warranty and there's no mention of it.

Again if there's money to be made by charging customers for maintenance items then you can count on dealers and VW recommending it.

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
’15 GTI, page 59 of the Maintennce Manual under time dependent maintenance items. Sport Differential GTI. Change every 3 years. Guess I am due in April.

bcgti

Ready to race!
Do you mean the factory service manual?

So why would it only appear here and not anywhere else like the dealer when you ask about it?

Not trying to start something, just curious as to the obscurity of this.

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
There's a bottom drain, and side fill, set of 8mm hex plugs. Part #WHT007168.
1 bottle (850 ml) of Haldex fluid. Part #G060175A2.
If you track the car, changing more frequently than every 30k miles would probably be a good idea.

Ghawkins

Ready to race!

So why would it only appear here and not anywhere else like the dealer when you ask about it?

The regular owner’s Maintenance manual.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG

Dealers are notoriously stupid about the cars they sell. Sales people are even worse. Needs to be changed 3 years or about 30K miles. I'll have mine done at 40K when the DSG is done.

bcgti

Ready to race!
Dear lord .... well I learned something today!

On page 58, after the service @ 225000kms section (Canada), there's an Additional Service section. Every 3 years change PP diff.

I feel like an idiot now!

I've never read past all the service dates so I've never noticed this section before ... wow.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Dear lord .... well I learned something today!

On page 58, after the service @ 225000kms section (Canada), there's an Additional Service section. Every 3 years change PP diff.

I feel like an idiot now!

I've never read past all the service dates so I've never noticed this section before ... wow.

Don't feel like an idiot.................the idiot is the dealer who didn't know, and they are supposed to know. The thing is today, the same owners manuals are made for several different models so you really have to scour the entire contents to see what applies to your model.