GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

pennstaterlz

I installed myself. Just cut the pipe with a disc grinder, took the mountings off and installed the new one in with the OEM VW clamp. Very straight forward.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

What GTI_North said. It’s pretty simple. Just make sure to get a square cut on the portion you’re cutting. Take the time when reinstalling to get the tips arranged just right. You’re good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call. Thanks!

Read through this thread for a lot of info.
Also go to my build page, link below.
Go to first page and use link to CSS info.
Might help.

Awesome. Read your build page. Thanks!

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Installed mine last night. I'll write a longer post about it in the coming days. Just wanted to say the thing sounds glorious, especially the louder DSG farts (up through 5th gear now) and the cold start this morning sounded terrific.

Now I think I should disable the soundaktor

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Now my brother wants one. But his gti is an 2018. Has anyone confirmee whether or not the muffler fits the 18's?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
I think I have read that the 7.5 has a different spacing on the exit pipes.
Not a direct swap.

7.5 tips are wider apart, so CSS muffler won't fit the diffuser. If someone really wants it though, it may be possible for an exhaust shop to cut off the tips, extend the outlet pipes, and reattach the tips accordingly. Just a thought.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
This guy on Youtube installed it on his MK7.5, said in the comments the exhaust shop had to cut the tips and add a 2" section. I'm seriously considering this for my mk7.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzfFntWtOEs

Botsygti16

New guy saying hello and also got my clubsporr back box delivered today!

Worked out cheaper from my local dealer in uk with some discount. Can’t wait to get it fitted next week!!
Thanks to all the guys who have posted on here to help my decision.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Has anyone also bought the Clubsport S front silencer/resonator along with the rear?? Or, has anyone had their hands on one to inspect and see if it's different from the GTI part?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone also bought the Clubsport S front silencer/resonator along with the rear?? Or, has anyone had their hands on one to inspect and see if it's different from the GTI part?

Very early in this thread or another one on the CSS Muffler there are pictures.
Very similar. One has more holes brimmed in center pipe but not night and day difference. Not sure if worth the cost and effort but that is up to you.
Look for the pics or someone my have link to share.

flight7.5gti

Now my brother wants one. But his gti is an 2018. Has anyone confirmee whether or not the muffler fits the 18's?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Yes I own a 2018 gti Mk7.5 and can confirm the muffler fits, my car is below on the YouTube clip. Send me a msg if you want further details

Sent from my G8232 using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Hey this is my car if anyone is looking for info send me a msg on the link

Sent from my G8232 using Tapatalk

I posted a comment on your Youtube video asking if you could post a picture of the welding done to make it fit.