GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

Billyescopetas

Passed Driver's Ed
But still loud ;) I have heard this setup. If I were to add a DP, even with an HJS Cat, I would also add a race muffler somewhere in the system, maybe magnaflow.

I've got what maybe 35k mi on my CSS muffler. It is even louder than I realize from the driver seat when I hear other people drive my car from outside.

Did the CSS went louder till 35k? Should I expect it to be louder than now (2000km) ?? Thanks mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Did the CSS went louder till 35k? Should I expect it to be louder than now (2000km) ?? Thanks mate!

I don’t think so honestly, the tone will definitely change and I can’t tell you how, but I like it more nowadays than I did before.

You start to learn how to reproduce specific DSG farts depending on temps, throttle position, and RPM and you can make it sing a nice tune w more experience.. I notice when you hold maybe 4000rpm for a few seconds at around 40% throttle and upshift you get this nice pop sound that isn’t really noticeable to cars around (not loud) but sounds awesome. I think it has to do with running richer cuz the ecu is expecting you to rev higher with higher throttle. Once you learn it it’s easy to reproduce.

I wanna say at around 3800RPM under part throttle there’s this nice sudden change in pitch from I think the intake valves (?) opening up. Sounds cool

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Just placed my order from e-acca tonight!

Muffler- $320
Shipping to NJ- $100

i also checked with cars245, they have the part for $315, but shipping was $140

Torqued

Passed Driver's Ed
Huge props to Natalja with e-acca. I had an issue ordering the CSS muffler and she quickly resolved it

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Nice Sandman - Just about the first pics that I've looked at that didn't make me think the tips ended up sticking out too far. Where did you cut the stock exhaust?

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Nice Sandman - Just about the first pics that I've looked at that didn't make me think the tips ended up sticking out too far. Where did you cut the stock exhaust?

The rule of thumb is to cut at the second set of dimples. But I think citing 10-15mm past the second dimple toward the suitcase side might be better. Look at linked install. You see the PP placed new muffler next to old and the new muffler lines up just past the second dimple.

Note his second picture.
You can always cut at dimple if it is not enough. Cutting goes quick.
Take time and keep wheels on cutter lined up.

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?p=653852&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chuckable

Ready to race!

Mine just came in. E-ACCA did a great job of packaging. No noticeable damage to mine at all. Looking forward to doing this install along with a rear sway bar.

Chuckable

Ready to race!
Got it installed last night. Thanks to all those who provided tips and advice throughout this thread!

I cut right at the middle dimple with a cutter borrowed from the local auto parts store. I put painters tape around the pipe so I knew I could get a square cut.

Before:

After:

Had to adjust the hangers a bit to get fitment spot on but i think I got it.

Looking forward to hearing how it sounds!

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Got it installed last night. Thanks to all those who provided tips and advice throughout this thread!

I cut right at the middle dimple with a cutter borrowed from the local auto parts store. I put painters tape around the pipe so I knew I could get a square cut.

Before:

After:

Had to adjust the hangers a bit to get fitment spot on but i think I got it.

Looking forward to hearing how it sounds!

Looks great!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

codypka

Go Kart Champion
My muffler is slated to arrive Wednesday. If it does that'll be just short of 3 weeks from order date via e-acca. Not too shabby.

Now i need to hurry up and order my clamp. Just verifying the correct size is 2.5" right? I might just ordr one via amazon prime and save myself a trip to the store

Chuckable

Ready to race!
My muffler is slated to arrive Wednesday. If it does that'll be just short of 3 weeks from order date via e-acca. Not too shabby.

Now i need to hurry up and order my clamp. Just verifying the correct size is 2.5" right? I might just ordr one via amazon prime and save myself a trip to the store

Sorry I can’t help with that. I just used the VW clamp.

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

Hey codypka,

I just ordered these REIN clamp from ECS Tuning and I guess they are OE manufacturing these for VW.
OEM quality and direct replacement.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-rein-parts/exhaust-clamp-priced-each/1k0253141aa~ren/

Hope this helps :)