GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

flight7.5gti

I posted a comment on your Youtube video asking if you could post a picture of the welding done to make it fit.
The exhaust shop cut where I have a circle and added a 2 inch wide section to lengthen the whole pipe so the tips could sit further out from the valance

Sent from my G8232 using Tapatalk

flight7.5gti

Very early in this thread or another one on the CSS Muffler there are pictures.
Very similar. One has more holes brimmed in center pipe but not night and day difference. Not sure if worth the cost and effort but that is up to you.
Look for the pics or someone my have link to share.
The suitcase is indeed different, top is stock gti / bottom is clubsport s muffler the inside baffle is designed differently. So I've been told

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The suitcase is indeed different, top is stock gti / bottom is clubsport s muffler the inside baffle is designed differently. So I've been told

I think the question was about the CSS diffuser.
It looks similar on outside to GTI but I think a few less holes drilled in center tube. Yes the rear suit case on the CSS has a flow through design. You could roll a golf ball through it compared to the GTI which has a center chamber that passes exhaust through holes to outer chamber and tubes. Reason some GTI’s get a hot spot on rear suit case in stock set up.

MickGTI

Hi, do you guys know if I could re-use my exhaust clamp to put the muffler in or I should buy a new one ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Hi, do you guys know if I could re-use my exhaust clamp to put the muffler in or I should buy a new one ?

Thanks

I think if you reuse it is ok.
Should be fine.
Make sure you tighten down and watch for leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Botsygti16

Got mine fitted today. Only took 20 minutes because VW fitted a centre resonater a few weeks ago so the cut was already there! Not sure it will staying on though as it booms a bit under load on the motorway [emoji53] sounds lovely around town though!

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Got mine fitted today. Only took 20 minutes because VW fitted a centre resonater a few weeks ago so the cut was already there! Not sure it will staying on though as it booms a bit under load on the motorway [emoji53] sounds lovely around town though!

Hey Botsygti16,

What center resonator did your VW dealership fitted?
At what speed / rpm are you getting the boomy sound?

Botsygti16

Just a standard vw system I guess as it was done under warranty for me.
On light to medium throttle it’s fine but when speeding up or going up hills where a heavier foot is needed it gets a bit more intrusive around 65-80mph. I guess it’s around 2500-3500rpm. I’ll probably let it settle in for a few weeks and see how it goes. I’m 50 so not really wanting the boy racer attention rather a mellow sportinesss!

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Just put my CSS up for sale... :(

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40313

This muffler is top notch, but when paired with a DP it's a bit rowdy for a DD. If I wanted to drop to stage 1 and get rid of the DP, I might consider keeping it. Things being what they are I'd rather have the power. :)

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Why ? [emoji54]

I've put about 1k on my CSS since getting it and it's just too loud for my DD. I took a road trip out to VT last week and it became apparent with all the highway miles I was putting on it that it that it is just too loud with my catted DP. My goals for the car are to have a fast daily driver that is OEM+ so this unfortunately doesn't fit the bill. I had considered getting rid of the DP first, but I would rather keep the power and lose the sound than vice versa. I will miss the decel burbles though; plus the larger tips fit so much better in the rear valance. Ugh modding woes haha.

NomadEA888

Passed Driver's Ed
I've put about 1k on my CSS since getting it and it's just too loud for my DD. I took a road trip out to VT last week and it became apparent with all the highway miles I was putting on it that it that it is just too loud with my catted DP. My goals for the car are to have a fast daily driver that is OEM+ so this unfortunately doesn't fit the bill. I had considered getting rid of the DP first, but I would rather keep the power and lose the sound than vice versa. I will miss the decel burbles though; plus the larger tips fit so much better in the rear valance. Ugh modding woes haha.

all you needed was a Vibrant Resonator and it woulda been 100%

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
all you needed was a Vibrant Resonator and it woulda been 100%

Check my sig, I have a Vibrant 17930 installed. The CSS didn't drone with the Vibrant, it's just too loud.