GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Yep, it's pretty loud when you hit 2800 rpm/valve lift

Exactly! I will say one thing... it definitely turns heads, haha :)

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Lol, that's hilarious.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Yep, it's pretty loud when you hit 2800 rpm/valve lift

Yes that’s what I figured out as well. Still working on my CSS exhaust setup with MAP catted and resonated DP.

That’s what I have done so far.

Changed out the oem resonator with a MagnaFlow 10416. This setup sounds deeper, added some more growl, got the nice DSG pops (very loud on WOT) and burbles during downshifts back :)
No drone during commute and highway speeds unless you really step on it and then the CSS muffler will get loud / vibrates [emoji51]

Is there anything that could quieten down these loud sounds that the CSS muffler creates at 2800 rpm and above ?

Maybe adding a muffler before the CSS ?

Last edited:

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Yes that’s what I figured out as well. Still working on my CSS exhaust setup with MAP catted and resonated DP.

That’s what I have done so far.

Changed out the oem resonator with a MagnaFlow 10416. This setup sounds deeper, added some more growl, got the nice DSG pops (very loud on WOT) and burbles during downshifts back :)
No drone during commute and highway speeds unless you really step on it and then the CSS muffler will get loud / vibrates [emoji51]

Is there anything that could quieten down these loud sounds that the CSS muffler creates at 2800 rpm and above ?

Maybe adding a muffler before the CSS ?

I’m currently exploring if there’s room for a Vibrant 1118/1119 in between res and CSS muffler.

Why didn’t you go for the tried and true Vibrant 17930/17950 resonator?

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Looks way better than the stock one for sure.

I have a brand new one for sale in the classifieds for anyone interested.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Is this louder than a res delete?

gs2online

Ready to race!
So, in order to get a total tally of who got their's, and who didn't but ordered one, I am making this thread. Curious now much of a unicorn these mufflers really are.

I got mine the second shipment. It arrived 3/04 as promised by cars245.com. Zero damage.

ATTENTION: I made it so we can see what people voted for. Just FYI.

Are exhaust tip bigger the stock ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
The flattened section is supposed to be like that. It's for clearance or something. The scratches shouldn't be there but wont affect anything, no big deal. Attach and enjoy!

calvinng94

For those running catted DP + Vibrant 17930/17950 + CSS + ECU tune for overrun/crackle/pops, does the vibrant resonator decrease those crackles and pops?