GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

G2K_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
I dislike that the vehicle mutes Spotify when I open a text app such as iMessage or WhatsApp. I was hoping it would be smart enough to know if I'm reading a test or watching a video someone has sent me.

What!!??? Something is wrong with your car. You not supossed to text and drive. But hey i always drive with spotify or pandora and text via iMessage or whatsapp and having my phones gps running. Test this everyday

GTI.MKVII

Pics?

I haven't heard of this infamous issue. Can you elaborate? Can this be fixed with the fender screw mod?

What do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
Another annoyance I discovered today: hearing the rear camera expose itself when reversing. That mechanical sound annoys me.

G2K_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Another annoyance I discovered today: hearing the rear camera expose itself when reversing. That mechanical sound annoys me.

I actually like this one... Nake the car feel "high tech"

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I think this only happens to the white cars, which is really weird

Nope. I have it on my Reflex Silver car as well. It has nothing to do with color, it has everything to do with improper bumper alignment.

rgiskard

Passed Driver's Ed
All the rattles and vibrations:
- driver side door rattles something awful when it gets very cold, < 40 degrees, VW replaced the seat belt assembly last year, but it returned this year
- something in the hatch area rattles when I drive over bumps or slightly bumpy pavement, cannot find what it causing it. driving my crazy

- Soundaktor was on the list, but maybe it's there to cover up all the rattles! ;)
Perhaps I should have it turned back on. VW dealer disabled it last year for me.

- window buffeting, I just don't roll down the back windows or have anyone asking to thankfully
- DSG stock tune...I use the paddles more now to overcome the aggressive upshifts
- city mpg could be better, though probably has a lot to do with the fact the GTI likes to go!

Otherwise love it, and its' still a blast to drive.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
- Don't know if just bad luck or paint is more fragile than my old Mk4, but 3 stone chips in the paint already :(

- I think someone else already mentioned - visibility. It is partly a function of me going from 2 dr to 4 dr, but that B pillar is killing me (or the people in the next lane as I've almost run a couple of people off the road - sorry!). I've set my side mirrors further out to compensate. Haven't cut anyone off by accident since *fingers crossed* And those head rests in the back blocks a huge chunk of rear window which doesn't help to see people coming up fast in the next lane.

- and the blind spot assist light in the same colour as the turn signal is stupid. I signal to make a lane change and instinctually think there's someone in my blind spot. Without physically turning my head to stare at the side mirror for a second, I'm never sure if someone is actually in my blind spot or it's a "false alert" from the signal light - making blind spot assist practically useless for me...

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
The paint chips super easy it's common p much on all cars these days. Gotta make more money for the shareholders ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

\w/

Ready to race!
- Don't know if just bad luck or paint is more fragile than my old Mk4, but 3 stone chips in the paint already :(

- and the blind spot assist light in the same colour as the turn signal is stupid. I signal to make a lane change and instinctually think there's someone in my blind spot. Without physically turning my head to stare at the side mirror for a second, I'm never sure if someone is actually in my blind spot or it's a "false alert" from the signal light - making blind spot assist practically useless for me...

i'd never rely on a mirror, let alone a warning light to let me know if its safe. Always physically turn your head and look. Mirrors and lights are just there to assist.