GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

Hankster1

"Another, which I think it is the most annoying is the stock DSG tune (us spec in particular), manual mode is useless, if it changes gear itself, i might as well keep it in D, sport mode is only good for track. But got that resolved with the DSG tune, and the car definitely should come that way from factory."

I agree 100% with this complaint. Which DSG tune did you get? How much was it?
Thanks.

Goatcreek

That the ESP can't be fullt disabled. That the DSG goes into neutral if you spinn to hard. That the emergency brake boost suddenly "helps" when I'm braking at the track. That you can't adjust camber in front. That the steering goes bananas and gives fault message when tracked. That there's nowhere to attach an external oil cooler.
But aside that it's great. And faster than a Porsche 997 S :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

codespyder

Ready to race!

mechtibs

Ready to race!
So far a full week into ownership my complaints are thus:
Stupid traction control
blind spot monitoring
park assist/backup camera
Rattling window when slightly rolled down (my 84 mk2 supra didn't even have this problem)
Sounddactor
MPG
I'm still impartial about the looks as well... Im still a mk6 fan I think

I just hope I dont suffer the rattles people are complaining about, I'd go trade my car off the second it happened if that were the case.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
3 weeks into ownership, here's my list of pet peeves:

- no homelink
- all the missing convenience/comfort options that ROW gets
- no memory for driver power seat
- park assist constantly false alerts when driving in snow and slush
- front assist hates me and keeps hitting the brakes on me mid lane change at hwy speeds
- touch only controls for MIB sucks while driving
- trunk with seat up is smaller than my old Mk4
- no amber turn signals in back
- back seats are too firm (much firmer than fronts)
- location of heated seat buttons
- Undefeatable ASR :(
- Sub on Fender system cuts out on some songs

And for those complaining about lack of auto-dimming rearview mirror, mine came standard with it...

But despite my seemingly long list 0f gripes, I love my GTI so far and wouldn't give it up for anything else in this price range.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
they should make the hatch window roll down :D:D
bet that would solve/start a bunch of issues

Kinda related - I always thought it would be cool if the triangular windows in front of the door could open. Either on a hinge like old-school wing vents, or roll up and down.

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
It would have been nice to have the touch screen adjustments that the ROW cars have. One adjustment I'd have loved to have would be the Soundaktor volume. Instead, one has to either physically unplug, or do it through VAGCOM VCDS.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
The seat/door pillar/steering wheel geometry makes it tough for me as a small person to get in and out of my 4 door without having rubbing the seat or scuffing the steering wheel. My steering wheel already has scuffs and scratches and my car only has 4K miles on it. I also doing like that the steering wheel leather is a soft leather because of this.

iheartdriving

water goes in to trunk

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but after it rains and I open the hatch, water always drips behind the plastic molding and on to the trunk cover. The same thing happens after I go through the car wash, but it leaves a stain on the plastic seams, which is probably the soap residue. I mentioned it when I was at the dealer and they said it's just bad design.