GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Juddering pulling away

Hi all , any advice on this problem . Mk7 golf 1.4 tsi r line 15 plate . 20000 miles on clock intermittent juddering on pulling away in 1st gear . Also clutch pedal is heavy to press . Doing my nut in now Thanks
  2. C

Annoying interior rattles/ vibrations

Mk7,5 R Anyone else have annoying rattles/ vibrations coming from front door / vent areas. I've stripped the door card off from the drivers front door in search of but am having difficulty locating the culprit . Another one seems to be coming from passenger side window vent as it quietens when...
  3. C

Bumper swap

Can anyone confirm if the R front bumper will fit my gtd ? I hate the "fins" as I call them around the fogs and I'm considering the front bumper from the golf R. Thanks
  4. C

What are you drinking?

Jamesons Irish whiskey most real ales
  5. C

which watch do you wear?

I don't , I check my phone ?
  6. C

Rubbing noise after vwr install

I've realised that an annoying noise after my install is the plastic gators covering the front strut inserts , when you think about it its obvious , now that the car sits lower these gators are now too long and are compressed too much causing them to rub on themselves . Must get a solution as...
  7. C

Creaking Front Answers

My GTD is now coming up to 3 years old and has always suffered with creaking front suspension on and off and has been to the dealer a couple of times for this annoying fault . After fitting vwr springs I seemed to have a few weeks silence but now the same old creaking is back . After extensive...
  8. C

De-wiper anyone?

Any one installed a de-wiper kit , I like the idea of a nice smooth , clean rear screen ? To me the rear wiper is just something in the way.
  9. C

Adjustments after VWR instsall

Hi all , after installing vwr springs how did your alignment go , was there any adjustments needed ? Also after installing mine Im noticing driving at night on dark roads the dipped beam isn't projecting as far ? Any thoughts or comments welcome Thanks
  10. C

CRD3+ performance figures

Hi all , just wondering how many of you have this box and have been on the dyno to test it . Claimed fugures are supposed to be 240bhp/500nm . Mine came out a 222/ 427 yesterday , a tad disappointing I say . The run was with the box on setting 2+1 I informed dtuk of my concerns and they said...
  11. C

Emergency Braking

Hi all , my car has started to brake on its own when i get near to oncoming traffic or similar and there is no danger , at the same time it beeps at me and the emergency display light up red on the dash , scary stuff and im getting very wary now , can i turn this off ?
  12. C

The Lowered look

I'd like to see VW and other manufacturers make their cars with a lot less gap between wheel arches and tyres . By extending the bodywork lower around the tyre more we could all drive sportier looking cars and have factory ride quality . No need to go changing springs unless its for track purposes.
  13. C

gtd grille removal

Hi all , anyone know how to remove the upper part of the front grill on the gtd , the part with the big vw badge on ? Ive removed all visible bolts but something has got it in the middle (badge area) thanks
  14. C

Squeaky front suspension take 3

So my nearside front squeak was fixed , then it came to the offside , that was fixed , now its come back again . :confused::(:mad: So off to the stealer again i suppose
  15. C

VWR parts

Evening all , anyone know about this , I'm looking at getting some vwr springs fitted to my gtd. I e-mailed my local dealer , willenhall coachcraft for a quote for the labour . Reply was they wouldn't quote because the parts are non vw and would therefore invalidate the warrant ??? I thought...
  16. C

tyre pressures

Evening all , what's the correct tyre pressures on the gtd . Seems a bit confusing to me reading the sticker on the inside of the fuel filler flap . From what I see its 44 rear , 39 front , but that's with 5 people . Any thoughts ??
  17. C

2nd leg sorted

Just letting you all know that the noise on the offside front leg had been sorted , same problem as i had on the near side a few weeks ago . Thanks to all a Willenhall Coachcraft. And they fitted my chrome key thingeys while I was there too . Happi bunny .
  18. C

winter wheels and insurance

Good evening all , just been thinking about winter alloys and summer alloys . Insurance companies ask about mods such as alloy changes , how do you get on if you have a different set to standard for winter? Meant to post this in general section by the way.
  19. C

idle speed

Hi , does anyone know why sometimes my gtd will idle at 1000rpm and other times at around the 800 rpm mark . and no its nothing to do with the temp because I can drive for an hour and idle at 1000 ?
  20. C

And now the other one

Exactly a week tomorrow since my noisy near side front strut was fixed at my local dealer. And guess what ?? The off side one has just developed exactly the same fault , same noise . I'm not best pleased at all . Back onto the dealer tomorrow then :-(