GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

De-wiper anyone?

chebaroony

Passed Driver's Ed
Any one installed a de-wiper kit , I like the idea of a nice smooth , clean rear screen ?
To me the rear wiper is just something in the way.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Any one installed a de-wiper kit , I like the idea of a nice smooth , clean rear screen ?
To me the rear wiper is just something in the way.

You remove the wiper that is one thing you will never have. The rear wiper is a must in a hatchback as it is a magnet for $hit on damp/wet roads.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I tried yanking mine off to no avail yesterday! Pop the cover, undo the 13mm bolt, then yank it off... couldn't yank it. tried using pressure by putting a hand under the wiper and pushing on the wiper, that didn't work, then tried using some pliers direct on the base, and that was only going t damage it so i backed off. APR instructions state that you're best off using a puller, which doesn't seem to be a type you could simply rent from an autoparts store.

Arkarma

Passed Driver's Ed
You need it for filth, either removing it from the rear screen, or cleaning it to watch out for filth cruising up behind ya... ;)

baldybouncer

This is a golf mk7 forum not a corsa forum??? Why on earth would you want to remove this essential part of the car! - In the rain you cannot see a thing behind you without wiping!

I say this and hope you listen - GROW UP!

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I tried yanking mine off to no avail yesterday! Pop the cover, undo the 13mm bolt, then yank it off... couldn't yank it. tried using pressure by putting a hand under the wiper and pushing on the wiper, that didn't work, then tried using some pliers direct on the base, and that was only going t damage it so i backed off. APR instructions state that you're best off using a puller, which doesn't seem to be a type you could simply rent from an autoparts store.

google search is your friend....:D

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I know it is and it didnt help! Lmao

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

chebaroony

Passed Driver's Ed
;)
This is a golf mk7 forum not a corsa forum??? Why on earth would you want to remove this essential part of the car! - In the rain you cannot see a thing behind you without wiping!

I say this and hope you listen - GROW UP!

We never had rear wipers on mk1 fiestas and mk1 golf's when I was growing up and , never missed em then.

Last edited:

richiekuk

Ready to race!
;)

We never had rear wipers on mk1 fiestas and mk1 golf's when I was growing up and , never missed em then.

Surely that's like saying we don't need ABS, power steering, ESP, Air Con, Electric Windows, Cruise Control, Rear brake discs, etc etc.
We didn't have these in years gone by, but I for sure would not give them up now!

Dan84

Ready to race!
No offence but this de-wiper mod is the dumbest thing I've seen. Have folks seen how difficult is to see through the rear windscreen when its rain, driving on dusty roads or in winter - that's why the rear wipers are there

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I understand that completely but the point of this is to rid the car of its grocery getter look. It really does clean up its appearance and in general, most enthusiasts are also novice/avid detailers that dont like to let their windshields get that dirty in the first place.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk