GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

tyre pressures

chebaroony

Passed Driver's Ed
Evening all , what's the correct tyre pressures on the gtd . Seems a bit confusing to me reading the sticker on the inside of the fuel filler flap . From what I see its 44 rear , 39 front , but that's with 5 people . Any thoughts ??

GC854

Ready to race!
Have you checked the inside of the fuel filler cap? Thats where I got my pressures from and they vary depending on the wheels on the car and, as you have discovered, the load being carried.

The sticker is not the easiest to read. My wife is out in the car at the moment or I could have gone and checked. But I do know that my pressures on Santiagos are the same front and rear on a lightly loaded car.

GC854

Ready to race!
Car just returned and I had a look. Mine has the same info as yours. 36 all round when the car is lightly loaded and 39 44 when fully loaded with five up and luggage. 44 does seem a bit high but I imagine its down to the low profile tyres. The profile is so shallow that they probably need bolstering under a heavily laden car.

At least you know at least one other GTD has similar info stuck to it as yours!

chebaroony

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for taking the trouble , think I'll be sticking 35 in all round as its usually just the driver and one passenger most of the time .

mrlapou

Ready to race!
If the car is fitted with it, do remember to reset the TPMS .