GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Annoying interior rattles/ vibrations

chebaroony

Passed Driver's Ed
Mk7,5 R
Anyone else have annoying rattles/ vibrations coming from front door / vent areas. I've stripped the door card off from the drivers front door in search of but am having difficulty locating the culprit . Another one seems to be coming from passenger side window vent as it quietens when vent is shut ..??

auditthxckid

Ready to race!
Could try applying gummi zero to the door seals? Another option is that the window switches are typically problematic in terms of vibrations, a lot of people apply anti rattle tape around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chebaroony

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I feel a bit of a nob on this one but I'm a happy nob .Turns out to be the sun visor . The mirror actually vibrating on the light . So strange how sound travels and appears to come from different places . The passenger air vent one is sorted too . Side panel that houses the air bag switch removed to reveal a wiring loom that needed securing . Fixed that by packing a piece of rubber non slip matting under it . Silence is golden , hope this helps others in the same boat

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I think noises are worse now than in the days of all steel cars. Plastic against plastic or metal seems are the worst. My dash around the center vents and radio were the worst on my MK5. Depending on the outside temperature they we either noisy or quiet. Glad you found your culprit. Thanks for sharing.

Squishy

Ready to race!
I have never owned a car that didn't have rattles or squeaks. Even when I bought a brand new car it developed squeaks after a while. Some cars are worse than others, my GTI seems better than my previous car (Acura) but it's newer so who knows how bad it will get when it gets older.

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
Gummi pflege is your friend with these cars. If you don’t lubricate the door and sunroof seals you will eventually get some squeaks and creaks. Another issue I had was the drivers side window would creak from time to time. I got a can of Sailkote and sprayed all of the black felt seals that the glass rides up and down on. This eliminated more or less all of my squeaks and creaks.

auditthxckid

Ready to race!
What’s weird is that I haven’t had problems in my 15 WRX but my MK7 was a rattle box. I had noises from my sunroof, dealer applied anti rattle tape in addition to TSB to solve. Passenger side window switch was rattling, had a body shop put 3m playdo stuff around it and that made it silent.

Also had the noise from underneath my passenger seat and put Tessa anti rattle tape on it to isolate. I’ve also put anti rattle tape around the back seats that the metal bar secured into. It was an annoying 6 months but I really am starting to love my car again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
VAG has always skimped on VW interior integrity. Every Audi I've been in has had a silent interior, free of creaks, buzzes and rattles, while every VW I've been in has had a noisy interior. So far my MK7 has been great, but it's also still new. I'm sure in a few years it will have it's fair share of noises... it's a VW, after all.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Link in my sig for anyone interested in the a-pillar rattle fix.

There was a thread around here someplace that someone what chronicling all of their rattle fixes, but I can't seem to find it anymore. There were some good ones with pictures though.

I know I've successfully fixed noises in the armrest, under the passenger seat, in both a-pillars, at the LATCH mount points in the back seats and with my driver's door window switch.

I know there's a buzz when my swing-down cubby door in front of the shifter is closed, but I can't seem to get it silenced.

DK11706

My MK7.5 GTI PP have rattles from:

LED strip in doors
Plastic around the review mirror
Center dashboard
More or less every vent channel
AID also seems to rattle some times
From the back I have 2-3 rattles I haven't located yet.
Door seals.
Left rearlight rattles when I close the trunk.

Only 3K miles done so far....

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Link in my sig for anyone interested in the a-pillar rattle fix.

There was a thread around here someplace that someone what chronicling all of their rattle fixes, but I can't seem to find it anymore. There were some good ones with pictures though.

I know I've successfully fixed noises in the armrest, under the passenger seat, in both a-pillars, at the LATCH mount points in the back seats and with my driver's door window switch.

I know there's a buzz when my swing-down cubby door in front of the shifter is closed, but I can't seem to get it silenced.
How did you fix the rattle in your driver's side window switch? My 2019 Rabbit rattles excessively when playing music that has moderate bass. I'm not quite prepared to remove the door panels on a car that has less than a thousand miles on it...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
How did you fix the rattle in your driver's side window switch? My 2019 Rabbit rattles excessively when playing music that has moderate bass. I'm not quite prepared to remove the door panels on a car that has less than a thousand miles on it...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Complain to the dealer about it. Especially since it's brand new.

zech912

Ready to race!
I have not had any rattles but the GTI door card is simple (there is a great youtube video on the subject) to remove and eliminate them, if there are any. I did change the front door speakers and used the opportunity to lay down Focal BAM on any surface that could meet a wire or anything. also, Dynamat on the metal door frame to kill resonance. Simple.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Window switches can be pulled once you remove the door card. Double sided tape or glue.

Door seals squeak, white grease works.
Door piano trim on the outside rattles and squeaks.

Either grease it or glue/tape

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk