GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Josh64

1. J

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

I just replaced my 5 year old original equipment battery with a larger one for the colder weather here in Canada. Saw this thread and that they make the larger cover, so I asked the parts department at my dealership... They wanted $105 for it!
  2. J

VW no longer offering the 1.8 TSI engine in the 2019 Golf for NA?

Just got an email from my dealer advertising "2019 model year with exciting new powerplant options" They've downgraded it to the 1.4L engine? Can't see any posts about this on here. What are people's thoughts here?
  3. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Took 60 lbs worth of back seat out for the summer.
  4. J

delete

delete
  5. J

Car and Driver's Long Term Road Test of the 2015 1.8tsi - Wrap Up

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-volkswagen-golf-18t-tsi-automatic-long-term-test-wrap-up-review It got car of the year and they're still singing it's praises after a couple years. Starting to wonder how much VW is paying them... J/K
  6. J

-20°c 1.8 TSI warm up already!

It's getting a bit chilly around here and the Golf is not warming up fast enough or keeping the temps up when stopped. The lack of a block heater is not helping things. If I'm stopped and idling for a couple minutes the temp needle falls back down to around 10%. Can the thermostat be adjusted...
  7. J

Camshafted

Had my oil changed and the camshaft recall "fix" completed on Friday. Washed and waxed it on Saturday. Went on a road trip on Sunday to see a football game in a different city and the camshaft bit the dust. Wunderbar Hopefully the camshaft breaking didn't cause any more damage to the engine.
  8. J

More torque with the automatic transmission?

Delete - wrong section
  9. J

Why is this subforum so dead?

Don't they sell a lot more of the cheaper TSI? I would have thought there would be a lot of activity in here, but there's hardly ever anything new in here when I log on.
  10. J

Pop-in sun shades

Does anyone have these things? They look cool, but they're $300.
  11. J

Looks good! Can't find anything in your history about your wheels/tires, can you give us the details?
  12. J

Maybe show the whole car from the side, not at an angle. These pics don't show much more than the first ones you posted. Does your camera only work within 2 feet of the car or something? lol
  13. J

wheel well material?

Does everyone else have the very dense fabric material on the inside of their rear wheel wells? It seems like a strange thing to use for that application. It's probably there to reduce road noise, but it's going to absorb and hold water and dirt.
  14. J

I would have definitely gone with a 2 door. They didn't have any and it would have taken too long to order one so I settled for a 4 door. :(
  15. J

Oh, sweet, thanks! Now I feel silly. Love that white 2 door petroglyphix!