GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

NeNaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Clear bra put on... Whole hood, mirrors, and lights. Also on top of the back bumper when taking things in and out of the back..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1435605709916.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1435605709916.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 1,570

Josh64

Ready to race!
Removed the back seats, boot tray, cover, spare tire and jack. All that stuff feels like it weighs about 100lbs. Temporary garbage bag plastic for protection, I'm going to come up with a more attractive solution once I figure out how to remove the thing the spare latches onto.

I definitely noticed increased acceleration. 2nd gear surprised me and put my head into the headrest. I can hear the exhaust much better now, but also more road noise. I definitely recommend this for a cheap performance boost if you rarely carry passengers and don't mind an ugly interior in the back. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Removed the back seats, boot tray, cover, spare tire and jack. All that stuff feels like it weighs about 100lbs. Temporary garbage bag plastic for protection, I'm going to come up with a more attractive solution once I figure out how to remove the thing the spare latches onto.

I definitely noticed increased acceleration. 2nd gear surprised me and put my head into the headrest. I can hear the exhaust much better now, but also more road noise. I definitely recommend this for a cheap performance boost if you rarely carry passengers and don't mind an ugly interior in the back. The whole process took about 10 minutes.
Seems like a waste to me. But each to their own

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Pablo GTI MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I went to my local dealer to buy a new tire, was the cheapest option.

And I told the service guy If he could activate summer mode and the folding mirror...

He took the car like an hour and just could activate closing with the control BUT he took the whole list of things he can activate to my GTI, so, im taking the car on saturday... It appears that the technical master of the dealer dont usually get Those challenges so he is pleased to help me out [emoji41]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

If the picture of your car was smaller, might it weigh less also?
I think you should get rid of the passenger seat.
Carry only 1 gallon of gas and save more weight.

Josh64

Ready to race!
Haha, I knew you guys would be critical, but I wasn't expecting mocking. It's significantly more fun to drive like this, I've done it with every car I've owned. I never have anyone in the back and if I want to I can put the seats back in very quickly. I see people spending hundreds/thousands of dollars to make their street cars quicker and everyone supports that. This is free and provides noticeable improvements, why mock me with "Cause #racecar"? No one says that to people spending money on lightweight wheels that cost thousands or ecu flashes that void the warranty.

"Seems like a waste to me."

I'm not throwing that stuff out! I can put it back in any time very easily. It's literally 1 screw and 1 bolt holding all of that together. The only tools you need are a T30 torx bit and a 17mm wrench. Try it before you knock it.

"If the picture of your car was smaller, might it weigh less also?"

Those are 33% of the original size lol.

Last edited:

Miguel1

Ready to race!
Haha, I knew you guys would be critical, but I wasn't expecting mocking. It's significantly more fun to drive like this, I've done it with every car I've owned. I never have anyone in the back and if I want to I can put the seats back in very quickly. I see people spending hundreds/thousands of dollars to make their street cars quicker and everyone supports that. This is free and provides noticeable improvements, why mock me with "Cause #racecar"? No one says that to people spending money on lightweight wheels that cost thousands or ecu flashes that void the warranty.

I'm not throwing that stuff out! I can put it back in any time very easily. It's literally 1 screw and 1 bolt holding all of that together. The only tools you need are a T30 torx bit and a 17mm wrench. Try it before you knock it.

My racecar was agreeing with you lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

danielmckendry

Ready to race!

"If the picture of your car was smaller, might it weigh less also?"

Those are 33% of the original size lol.
Seems like a waste to me but each to their own is what i said. I could have been more critical of it but i realised from reading how u took them out in 10 mins that u can put them back in if need be, so for u its fine. Atleast theres plenty of room in the back for a ly down with someone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

petroglyphix

Ready to race!
Oh, sweet, thanks! Now I feel silly.

Love that white 2 door petroglyphix!

Thank you sir. I'm pleased with how it came out. 4 months is a lot of time and can lead to second guessing one's order. Glad I didn't make changes.

Thanks to this forum I have an extensive to-do list. Really looking forward to it. For now though I'm enjoying the ride

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh, sweet, thanks! Now I feel silly.

Love that white 2 door petroglyphix!
It's your car, do what you like and makes you feel good.

The only thing that I would point out is that instead of a 4 door buy a 2 door next time, that will save you a couple of hundred pounds.

Me, I would go bananas knowing that something is missing lol.

Check your MPG I'm sure that you'll get more with less, :) good luck