GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

MadMen

Ready to race!
If you have Maestro, it's easy enough to bump your low end boost up by yourself.....

gmi99

Passed Driver's Ed
So I emailed ED and they recommended the IS38 adjustable file over the IS38 93oct file for my GTI. Right now I have it set to 93oct and 26psi (max is 28). I guess I need to do a log to determine if my 93 pump gas is sufficient. What’s the harm, if any, of bumping the psi to max (28)? I’m not using Maestro, just powertap with the adjustable file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
No harm at all. Send it. There are limiters in those files that will not allow you to boost over 25 psi anyhow. But log it to see where you stand

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Hey fellow 6MT folk...

Anyone else having a problem with rev matching / blipping the throttle to downshift? It seems I can touch the pedal real light and it’ll still think I’m trying to NLS, and will hold RPM instead of blipping.

I took some logs and sure enough, the ECU thinks I’m at WOT on those attempted blips even though I swear I feel like I’m barely touching the pedal most of the time.

Am I just too heavy footed? If you could tell NLS not to activate until over 6K RPM or something like that, that would be super nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Anyone else that is using NLS*, I mean. I didn't word that well. I know I posted about this once before, but now that more time has passed, I wanted to see if anyone else is having this "issue"

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Anyone else that is using NLS*, I mean. I didn't word that well. I know I posted about this once before, but now that more time has passed, I wanted to see if anyone else is having this "issue"
I have not been having any issues with rev matching,

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been having problems with the car shifting when launching my car. It hesitates/bogs down right after it shifts to 2nd or 3rd. I have Eurodyne's 7 speed DSG tune. I did not have the issue prior to the tune. It only does it after utilizing launch control. I tried doing manual vs automatic and had the same result.

Stew

Instead of starting a whole new post I thought I'd consult the brain trust that is this thread. I'm a longtime lurker and though I do my best to absorb the knowledge dispensed here, I fall utterly short. So, disclaimer, please pardon my ignorance.

Quick setup
I have a 2015 (56,500ish miles) SE non PP with a DSG and I've been Eurodyne tuned for most of those miles. My current mod lineup is roc euro open element intake, IE intercooler, ultimate racing catted/resonated dp, and the aforementioned tune, stage 2 adjustable (24 psi and 94 octane on the slider). I use e30 blend with only Shell 93 and e85. I've had zero issues with this setup and therefore, never logged (perhaps my first mistake).

Anyways, a couple months back a got a check engine light but with no limp mode and no noticeable decrease in performance. After about 5 restarts in went away so I thought nothing of it. Then it reoccurred a few more times over the last two months so I finally went to pull the codes at an autoparts store (I definitely need to invest in the OBD tool) and they got codes P0016 and P0000a... The "techs" there told me it was camshaft related and to get it to the dealer asap. So I flashed back to stock and booked an appointment at the local (non mod friendly apparently) dealership. By the time I dropped it off the CE light was gone. Nearly 30 hours after dropping it off they get back to me with the diagnosis (see image). I can't quite interpret the tech's assessment but I could easily assess the estimated financial damage to the tune of $2200. Ugh. So before I do anything else stupid, can anyone make sense of that report?? Have I caused permanent damage to the engine or do I simply need to dial the sliders back on the tune?? To reiterate, my car hasn't had any performance issues, no trouble starting, and feels and sounds great still. So, Any insights or help is greatly appreciated. AND If you're still reading this, thank you very much.

Attachments

• 1016182120_Burst01_20181016214334541.jpg
    1016182120_Burst01_20181016214334541.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 292

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Eurodyne has a built in code reader. Why not use it?

The fact it comes and goes sounds positive to me. If the timing was off you would have a constant CEL and likely driveability issues. Sounds to me more like a sensor issue? Sensor A is the one the JB4 guys unplug. Top right corner of engine behind HPFP. Have a look at it, the connector, wiring, etc....

http://www.burgertuning.com/instructions/S1_VAG_EA888_G3.pdf

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Instead of starting a whole new post I thought I'd consult the brain trust that is this thread. I'm a longtime lurker and though I do my best to absorb the knowledge dispensed here, I fall utterly short. So, disclaimer, please pardon my ignorance.

Quick setup
I have a 2015 (56,500ish miles) SE non PP with a DSG and I've been Eurodyne tuned for most of those miles. My current mod lineup is roc euro open element intake, IE intercooler, ultimate racing catted/resonated dp, and the aforementioned tune, stage 2 adjustable (24 psi and 94 octane on the slider). I use e30 blend with only Shell 93 and e85. I've had zero issues with this setup and therefore, never logged (perhaps my first mistake).

Anyways, a couple months back a got a check engine light but with no limp mode and no noticeable decrease in performance. After about 5 restarts in went away so I thought nothing of it. Then it reoccurred a few more times over the last two months so I finally went to pull the codes at an autoparts store (I definitely need to invest in the OBD tool) and they got codes P0016 and P0000a... The "techs" there told me it was camshaft related and to get it to the dealer asap. So I flashed back to stock and booked an appointment at the local (non mod friendly apparently) dealership. By the time I dropped it off the CE light was gone. Nearly 30 hours after dropping it off they get back to me with the diagnosis (see image). I can't quite interpret the tech's assessment but I could easily assess the estimated financial damage to the tune of $2200. Ugh. So before I do anything else stupid, can anyone make sense of that report?? Have I caused permanent damage to the engine or do I simply need to dial the sliders back on the tune?? To reiterate, my car hasn't had any performance issues, no trouble starting, and feels and sounds great still. So, Any insights or help is greatly appreciated. AND If you're still reading this, thank you very much.
Warranty was denied?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk