GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown engine on 2015 @ 53k miles

Talon

Ready to race!
Just wanted to share my experience this past Friday. I was heading home from work and jumping on the interstate. Yes, I was accelerating aggressively when the event occurred. I heard a bang, followed by an extreme shudder. A large cloud of white smoke out the back and a little bit of clanking. The no oil pressure warning quickly came on as I slowed to a stop and moved onto the shoulder. I thought for sure I lost the turbo. Had it towed to a shop and when they raised it on the lift found what is showed below.

My car: 2015 Gti with 53k miles. Eurodyne stage 1.5 from 15k to 43k. Eurodyne stage 2 adjustable since. Sliders set to 92 Oct and 25 psi. Always run 93 oct and logs were always clean.

Shop is currently shopping around for a used motor. Need to decide if we're going to replace the turbo as well.

Not particularly asking any questions but happy to answer any questions you might have. View attachment 23617View attachment 23618 IMG954545.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Lovely :(.

adam1991

Banned
Yes, I was accelerating aggressively when the event occurred. I heard a bang, followed by an extreme shudder. A large cloud of white smoke out the back and a little bit of clanking.

You just put Jim Lovell into PTSD with that description.

"Houston, we've had a problem...looking out the hatch, that we are venting something. We are venting something out into the—into space."

roystr

Ready to race!
Jeezus. That's major carnage. What oil were you running and when was it last changed?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
The 2015s (like mine) are starting to push 50k tuned I think, depending on how much you drive. In the next year or two we are really gonna see how reliable these are pushed hard.. sorry man but atleast now you could rebuild with ie or mahle pistons and big turbo :p

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
Definitely sorry to hear this happened to you. I would like to hear other details on the vehicle as well. Oil change intervals, oil and filter used etc.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
How much fuel was in the tank at the time, and was there any lateral load prior to or during WOT?

I just learned a valuable lesson about this...

ashiun

Ready to race!
How much fuel was in the tank at the time, and was there any lateral load prior to or during WOT?

I just learned a valuable lesson about this...

Elaborate pls