GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

Scala

Ready to race!
....order through myTuning24? Noticed that they only ship to Germany when I attempt to checkout.

I had the same issue and I send a message through their online contact window.
Got an immediate response and completed the purchase by sending the amount to their PayPal address.

fredothechimp

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey fredothechimp, how did you order through myTuning24? Noticed that they only ship to Germany when I attempt to checkout.

Also, super excited to see the headlights in action.

My order went through great, got them in a few days time. Because of weather I didn't have the chance to install them last weekend, but will this weekend forsure.

Scala

Ready to race!
Good outfit, they followed up within 24 hours and gave me the DHL Tracking number.
From this point it will be comfortable to follow in fredo's steps with the installation.

fredothechimp

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed my lights Saturday, the fitment is by far the best of any of the replica lights I’ve had. One big issue is that my right headlight is defective, but OSRAM and mytuning24 have both been responsive and OSRAM is sending me a replacement with no fuss. Will let everyone know how that goes.

thethickness

Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI
Subscribing. I would like to splurge on a pair of these bad boys but am obviously a bit reticent to import them until others have had the chance to be a guinea pig :D

There's a pretty long post about these on a French MK7 board that I will dig up and link. It's got some pretty solid (and discernible) information in it...once it's been run through Google Translate.

fredothechimp

Passed Driver's Ed
What kind of defect???
DHL will be delivering mine today but now you got me scared.

Right DRL does not work with lights off but works when switched he'd to parking lights and low/high beam doesn't work on the right side. I checked in the light for loose or damaged connections but everything is solid. I also swapped the driver's side to the passengers side just to make sure it wasn't a wiring difference. It's not, he driver's side works fine when connected to the passengers side and the faulty headlight exhibits the same issues when connected to the driver's side.

I'm sure you'll be fine, mine does just seem like a bad light and OSRAM and mytuning24 have been nothing but responsive thus far and are sending a replacement for exchange.

Scala

Ready to race!
I'm sure you'll be fine, mine does just seem like a bad light and OSRAM and mytuning24 have been nothing but responsive thus far and are sending a replacement for exchange.

Thanks for the nicely detailed issue on yours and please keep your fingers crossed for me.
The gigantor box arrived a few minutes ago and I'll be getting on with it when the rain threat recedes.
BTW which/where Osram have you been in contact with?

chuncomunco

Passed Driver's Ed
Right DRL does not work with lights off but works when switched he'd to parking lights and low/high beam doesn't work on the right side. I checked in the light for loose or damaged connections but everything is solid. I also swapped the driver's side to the passengers side just to make sure it wasn't a wiring difference. It's not, he driver's side works fine when connected to the passengers side and the faulty headlight exhibits the same issues when connected to the driver's side.

Thanks for the update. Just placed an order for a unit this morning. Hopefully the defect was just an isolated incident.

Let you all know how the install goes.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
I’m jealously watching this thread, I tried to get a set of these off of a French forum member in December but he never sent them.

As soon as I get my PayPal refund I’ll be heading over to MyTuning and joining the fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thethickness

Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI
Subscribing. I would like to splurge on a pair of these bad boys but am obviously a bit reticent to import them until others have had the chance to be a guinea pig :D

There's a pretty long post about these on a French MK7 board that I will dig up and link. It's got some pretty solid (and discernible) information in it...once it's been run through Google Translate.

Here's the thread I mentioned: https://www.forumgolf7.fr/forum/vie...d=ace48856cd416a1d7990ae931648e787&start=1780

If you right click in Chrome (and I presume Firefox), you can translate via Google.

Issues to note that I gleaned from the broken English: some folks are having similar DRL outage/flickering issues, and some have had to use an Osram-supplied in line resistor to solve some flicker/dimming issues.