GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

RIP TDI

Car(s)
'15 GSW TDI 6M
Any clue what causes this reflection phenomenon on the lens? It's more easily visible when just standing in front of and looking down at it. I thought it might have to do with having 14-mil paint protection film on the lens but I confirmed the same effect with another Osram owner who had no PPF on his. It doesn't cause a problem, I'm just curious about what causes it and whether or not this is, in general, a common issue with 6000K projector LEDs shining through compound-curved polycarbonate lenses.

Osram LEDriving reflection 2.jpg

Last edited:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Any clue what causes this reflection phenomenon on the lens? It's more easily visible when just standing in front of and looking down at it. I thought it might have to do with having 14-mil paint protection film on the lens but I confirmed the same effect with another Osram owner who had no PPF on his. It doesn't cause a problem, I'm just curious about what causes it and whether or not this is, in general, a common issue with 6000K projector LEDs shining through compound-curved plastic lenses.

View attachment 266932
Not sure if it's a reflection, or a purposeful direction of light, otherwise known as "squirrel finders."