GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

fredothechimp

Passed Driver's Ed
Very interested in these lights. How much was shipping to CA if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total was $1070. They quoted a flat price so I'm not sure what the shipping was. The price on their site is 890 euro so I guess I paid a little over 60 in shipping, then I had to pay 28 dollars duty/tax.

The build quality looks pretty great. My biggest peeves with the Helix and Ed's Headlights was that the Chrome/Finish in all of them was pretty subpar from stock and the biggest downside is the mediocre cutoff and output. I've spent a few years kicking myself for not having the LP package, so the high price was worth the trade off.

Scala

Ready to race!
Are these the ones?

http://www.mytuning24.de/osram/OSRAM-LEDriving-XENARC-VW-Golf-VI-6/vw-golf-7/

Big question: How does the wiring fit from the OEM Mk7 Halogen plugs to the plugs on these lights?

This dealer is an Osram certified reseller and I'm inclined to trust that the product is genuine Osram.
I'll be ordering as soon as I get confirmation to my message to them re. the fit of all the wiring plugs.

BTW. In the 890.00 EUR is 142.10 EUR MwSt included and that should not be applied to export sales.

Last edited:

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Watch the video at the linked site above. Shows cutoff pretty clearly, and you can get a general idea of light output.

I'd surely buy these before wasting money on any of the Chinese knockoffs.

Thanks but Would prefer cutoff pic from someone who’s installed them and not the manufacturer.

fredothechimp

Passed Driver's Ed
So these are the cost of OEM LP....

They are, just shy of it. It was near impossible to find an LP S model for me in 2016, so it's a good trade off. The output is pretty average on the factory HID's in the LP model, so we'll see how this does.

That's it.

Big question[/B]: How does the wiring fit from the OEM Mk7 Halogen plugs to the plugs on these lights?

This dealer is an Osram certified reseller and I'm inclined to trust that the product is genuine Osram.
I'll be ordering as soon as I get confirmation to my message to them re. the fit of all the wiring plugs.

BTW. In the 890.00 EUR is 142.10 EUR MwSt included and that should not be applied to export sales.

I believe it's genuine OSRAM, the lights are all branded properly and all the packaging says OSRAM. I was only referred to this distributor after directly emailing OSRAM.

There is another user in this thread who didn't have any issues (outside of the soft codes) when plugging them in.

It wasn't, the total for export sales was 750 euro.

Thanks but Would prefer cutoff pic from someone who’s installed them and not the manufacturer.

I'll share after installing and adjusting.

Scala

Ready to race!
Nice post fredothechimp and being as analytical as I am, yes life can be complex, you make me comfortable following in your steps.
Big Thank You!

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
The output won't be that good, as the HID bulb is very limited, as it uses a 25W D8S bulb. Lumen output is also down, at 2000 lumens.

That is how Osram can get around not having autoleveling and headlight washers for EU requirements.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I can't speak to light output. But are these HID bulbs? They are advertised as Full LED, specifically the DRL and position at 6500k, the high and low beam at 6000k. Around the 7:45 mark of MK7RS' video on post #68 shows what I presume are the bulb markings on the housing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
I can't speak to light output. But are these HID bulbs? They are advertised as Full LED, specifically the DRL and position at 6500k, the high and low beam at 6000k. Around the 7:45 mark of MK7RS' video on post #68 shows what I presume are the bulb markings on the housing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I got mixed up with the MK6 version, which are HID.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
They are, just shy of it. It was near impossible to find an LP S model for me in 2016, so it's a good trade off. The output is pretty average on the factory HID's in the LP model, so we'll see how this does.

That's it.

I believe it's genuine OSRAM, the lights are all branded properly and all the packaging says OSRAM. I was only referred to this distributor after directly emailing OSRAM.

There is another user in this thread who didn't have any issues (outside of the soft codes) when plugging them in.

It wasn't, the total for export sales was 750 euro.

I'll share after installing and adjusting.

I read somewhere on here that the cost of LP from dealer now is way down from where it used to be so its like spend an extra 100-200 and get the LP. This being said, I do think these look great. Still alot of money to shell out for lights.

fredothechimp

Passed Driver's Ed
I read somewhere on here that the cost of LP from dealer now is way down from where it used to be so its like spend an extra 100-200 and get the LP. This being said, I do think these look great. Still alot of money to shell out for lights.

It's a lot easier to get than it was in 2016. It's also no longer even an option on the S and the Rabbit Edition and SE both have lighting and cloth seats, wasn't available in 2016. Not looking to buy another car though.

chuncomunco

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey fredothechimp, how did you order through myTuning24? Noticed that they only ship to Germany when I attempt to checkout.

Also, super excited to see the headlights in action.