GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
the one that goes to the sensor on top of the turbo
thank you! that is the lower one, with six wires. I plan to tap the red wire as shown in instructions.

Did some map 1 driving without tapping without it.

My Dinan would choke on Race Mode and 93 octane, so far no issues on Map 1. Looking forward to giving Map 2 a go.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
thank you! that is the lower one, with six wires. I plan to tap the red wire as shown in instructions.

Did some map 1 driving without tapping without it.

My Dinan would choke on Race Mode and 93 octane, so far no issues on Map 1. Looking forward to giving Map 2 a go.

Are you sure its 6 wires on the bottom one? If possible turn the bottom plug sideways to see what it looks like.
VW has started using a new O2 sensor that is 6 wires. On those the AFR must be connected to the white wire. I don't think they have it in the US yet.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Are you sure its 6 wires on the bottom one? If possible turn the bottom plug sideways to see what it looks like.
VW has started using a new O2 sensor that is 6 wires. On those the AFR must be connected to the white wire. I don't think they have it in the US yet.
George thanks for asking. Looks like 5 wires not 6. Car is a August 2015 build,.2016 MY GSW.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
I have gotten CEL and code 3AD2, low fuel rail pressure a few times now over the last year. This pops up every 3-4 months or so. The first 2 times I was on map 6 and was around an 1/8 of tank, which seems to be a common occurrence with a more aggressive FOL setting. The second to last time I was on map 2, again with about an 1/8 of tank and hard acceleration. This last time it popped up I was on map 1 with 1/2 a tank and almost full throttle acceleration. Why would this be happening with map 1 and 1/2 a tank? Should I be worried about fuel pump failure? FOL setting is not user adjustable in map 1 or 2, correct? Just trying to figure out if this a warning sign or not.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
For firmware updates, can you go straight to the most recent and write over what you have, or do you need to each one in sequence? thanks

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I have gotten CEL and code 3AD2, low fuel rail pressure a few times now over the last year. This pops up every 3-4 months or so. The first 2 times I was on map 6 and was around an 1/8 of tank, which seems to be a common occurrence with a more aggressive FOL setting. The second to last time I was on map 2, again with about an 1/8 of tank and hard acceleration. This last time it popped up I was on map 1 with 1/2 a tank and almost full throttle acceleration. Why would this be happening with map 1 and 1/2 a tank? Should I be worried about fuel pump failure? FOL setting is not user adjustable in map 1 or 2, correct? Just trying to figure out if this a warning sign or not.

Its a global settings so it affects all the maps. I reckon bring it down by 10 if its giving you a engine light.
The 3AD2 fault is caused from the JB4 over fooling the ECU into thinking the rail pressure is lower than it should be so it can hold more pressure. It doesn't mean that the pressure is actually low but the ECU perceives it as this. Running low on gas can also cause it but if you getting it on 1/2 tank its not related to that. If the light doesn't come on and you only seeing when reading faults I wouldn't be concerned about it. Just clear it before going into the dealer or else you will get a new pump :)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I don't have a log of clutch slip to compare against, but it does look like either clutch slip or tire slip.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
oh yea, awd, yea might be clutch slip then.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
When I replace the clutch, I can start playing with E fuels and turning up the wick even more.

Unfortunately this clutch upgrade is going to bite in to my car modding budget (which keeps growing). I was going to change my base flash, but now I think I may just opt for the "free" upgrade to a higher octane APR Stage 1 tune so I can get more base timing and continue to push the envelope with the JB4. The clutch upgrade is going to be like $1500 or so. =(

JB4 Broke my clutch! :eek:

oh yea, awd, yea might be clutch slip then.