GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precison Raceworks Stage 3 LPFP DIY/Tips

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Right on. Make note of how this blue adapter up at the top. Thicker part up top.

Yes

No

Definitely do the dunk test before buttoning up. Any that are leaking take your 2 allens and tighten the bottom screw while holding the top screw.
Thanks I will, I'll be doing your hpfp DIY also lol bought an autotech also

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mars1

Ready to race!
PR instructions say to tighten the screws completely down on the stand offs. One thing I noticed, when all the stand off screws are fully tightened, the fuel filter presses down quite a bit on the bottom of the basket and bows the bottom of the basket out. Did you notice that Diggs?

Calubi

Ready to race!
Is there any benefit to upgrading the LPFP if sticking with 93?

pieguy

Ready to race!
Awesome. This will be helpful since I just bought their stage 3.5 kit. They also have the new fuel lines that go from LPFP to MPI on their site as well as their 4 bar map sensor which is really well done.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Is an upgraded sensor at the MAP necessary? You can see boost at the charge pipe on the PUT sensor. I guess it could be useful to see if there is a boost loss between the 2 points, but if the reasoning is to just see boost pressure the PUT sensor only seems to work just fine. And you can get a real deal Bosch sensor from the UK for about $70 shipped. So I wonder why the need for replacing both....

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Is an upgraded sensor at the MAP necessary? You can see boost at the charge pipe on the PUT sensor. I guess it could be useful to see if there is a boost loss between the 2 points, but if the reasoning is to just see boost pressure the PUT sensor only seems to work just fine. And you can get a real deal Bosch sensor from the UK for about $70 shipped. So I wonder why the need for replacing both....

Given that the calibrations would have to be different if one was a 3 bar and the other a 4 bar, I don't think we can run mismatched sensors.

At the same boost pressure a 3 bar and a 4 bar will have different output voltages. That will confuse the ECU.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Given that the calibrations would have to be different if one was a 3 bar and the other a 4 bar, I don't think we can run mismatched sensors.

At the same boost pressure a 3 bar and a 4 bar will have different output voltages. That will confuse the ECU.

Been running just the 4bar at the PUT for months without issue. Obviously changes were made to the tune to accommodate but haven't had any issues.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
At points, yes. 29 is (was :( ) the target. Sometimes it would go over.

I wonder if it becomes an issue at higher boost levels??

The voltage discrepancy should exist at any boost level though. Maybe it can be tuned for?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I wonder if it becomes an issue at higher boost levels??

The voltage discrepancy should exist at any boost level though. Maybe it can be tuned for?

I doubt any of the tuners will come in and tell us. I never tried over 29psi on the 3 bar so no idea what it reports (a guess, or it has some leeway, or just pegs at 29...dunno). I do know it can read over 29 now, but without an analog boost gauge I have no way to verify accuracy. Maybe one day I get E85 again and we can see if it can hit 30.