GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

themyst

Ready to race!
Ok Beta testers out there, my JB4 is going to be in tomorrow's (Saturday) mail and while I'm looking forward to the increase in power, I'm not looking forward to the multiple WOT runs where I live to fine tune the car. Can you guys provide some Map 6 (absolute) settings to give me a starting point? I know modifications and weather conditions will vary but I was hoping to get some input as to where to begin testing

It took me quite a while to get the JB1 to produce logs to my satisfaction. Does having more data to log and analyze make adjustments easier with the JB4?

Well, for one you have timing and fuel trimming data. Those are important.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
"Map2: This map is a more aggressive map. Peak boost is set to 24psi with a taper down to 16psi at redline."

From George "Its additive based. 5.4 peak at the top."

That means needs to be combined wth ethanol blend no?

Last edited:

m00se

Ready to race!
From George "Its additive based. 5.4 peak at the top."

That means needs to be combined wth ethanol blend no?

By that he meant if the value shown in the software under map 2 was an additive pressure to the base map settings or if it was an absolute value. Nothing to do with fuel additives/ethanol.

geova05

Passed Driver's Ed
Is map 2 adjustable at all like map 1 for JB1?

Getting quite a mixed message with map 2. But if someone used it with only 91 and stock....damn...

No, JB1 is one thing and JB4 another. With that being said, the only map which allows adjustability is map6 on the JB4. George already explain all of this on a JB4 dedicated thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
By that he meant if the value shown in the software under map 2 was an additive pressure to the base map settings or if it was an absolute value. Nothing to do with fuel additives/ethanol.

Ok thanks for clearing that up! Much appreciated .

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Is map 2 adjustable at all like map 1 for JB1?

Getting quite a mixed message with map 2. But if someone used it with only 91 and stock....damn...

No, its locked. Only adjustable map is map 6.
Rule of thumb is use map 2 or map 6 to get a baseline log and then use map 6 to adjust accordingly if you plan to play around.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

A mistake a lot of guys do is that they think the preset maps will display in the map 6 chart when selected. The only thing you see there is what will be used for map 6.
To get a idea of the preset map you can look in a log and see what boost request and target it is hitting.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Have we established how much power the stock clutch (6MT) can handle without starting to slip? I really don't want to have to buy another clutch anytime soon....I drive pretty conservatively and never mash the gas in high gears at low RPMs.....what would you suggest George ? Map 6?

geova05

Passed Driver's Ed
Have we established how much power the stock clutch (6MT) can handle without starting to slip? I really don't want to have to buy another clutch anytime soon....I drive pretty conservatively and never mash the gas in high gears at low RPMs.....what would you suggest George ? Map 6?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

Yes I read that generic description - was looking for more details from George, thanks

Knack

Passed Driver's Ed
If you run a JB1 or a JB4 or any tune you WILL need a clutch at some point. Unless you're lucky. I added the JB1 when my car had about 20k miles on it. It has 43K miles now and I am in the process of installing a DIY TTRS clutch. It started slipping with the JB1 on MAP 6 which I had set similar to MAP 1 at 5.0 but turned down between 3K-4K rpm's. I also have a JB4 upgrade on the way. Loved the JB1, and I'm sure the JB4 is better.

The stock clutch sucks. I don't race the car but I do WOT pulls on the highway.