GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xenon Lights + LED DRL retrofit

S4DownUnder

Has anyone managed to do a retrofit of the xenon lights and LED DRLs? Does anyone know where (other than VW) you could source replacement headlight units that are xenon + LED DRLs?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Dadu - I know Carsystems but haven't heard of Kufatec before.

LeonMKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there I'm new to the forum and also interested in the bixenon lights. I've looked at the links provided by DW58 which solves the issue on where to source them but would also be interested to know if someone has successfully retro fitted them. In Australia I've basically been denied labour and parts from pretty much all shops so if I were to fit them it would be me.

S4DownUnder

Hey LeonMkVII. I'm afraid not. I was initially looking to do it, but turned out a bit more expensive than I thought. I've also been searching for a DIY to remove and replace the headlights, but to date have come up empty handed. Please let me know if you find something. Cheers mate.

luanf

Fitting Bi xenon + Led DRL headlights on tsi ( halogen before )

Hi guys :), i'm looking for headlights with xenon + led drl too, but i'm afraid that it can not be changed in my case.
I looked for someone that did this change, but i was not succesfull.:(
I already found an headlight to replace that i liked ( LINK ), but my golf did not come with led drl originally.

I have searched a lot about it, and the closer i got, was at a passat forum, a guy that needed to use a kind of adapter to switch the pins position.
Another thing that i "heared" is that if i change my original headlight ( halogen one ) by one with Xenon and LED, it will just work if i take my car to the vw costumer service, or do by myself the reprogram using vcds to allow the system to recognize this elements and don't give that error message.
Does anyone knows if i'll really find some of these problems fitting this headlights ones to my car? ( Golf 7 TSI 1.4 Gasoline ) :confused::confused::confused:
Thanks everyone

luanf

I took a look at that mk7norway, but guys there starts to tal about retrofit taillights. Here ( in Brazil ) every singel model of golf vii already comes with this tail leds, as well mine.
I'm really interested in doing this change. I can't understand why i'll lose my warranty, can you explain more?
I did talk to the winpower dealer, and he guarantee that this product he is selling is fully plug and play, even in my case ( without original leds and xenon on ).
I'll let it take a few more weeks to dicedi the "shakespeare" question, buy or not to buy :D:D
I'm REALLY :eek: interested on it, if everything turns the right way, i'll try to buy ( first difficulty by buying from brazil :( ) and try to fit ( even if it is by "my way" )
During i decide, lets see if someone try too and have success;)
Thank you for helping ;)

mk7norway

Ready to race!
hey man.. :p

As my dealer said, we can not give you the warranty on the electronics if you change it. The taillights is not a problem, but the headlights is a different story.. Why that is, I don't know. Thy just said that there is a big difference in the coding.
Headlamp washers needs to wash every time and so on... the connectors are not the same either.. that could be a problem if you don't have the
transitions. Best of luck!! please make a guide from where you bought it, to how you change it from step one to the last one. :)

nexx

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems simple but pricey. All you gotta do is buy adapter cables, headlights, module and the coding dongle. You can buy everything through kufatec website.

If u want dla, cornering light and highbeam assist, youll also need auto leveling, which can also be bought from kufatec.