GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting the GTI LED tail lights on Highline - retrofit.

mk7norway

Ready to race!
Retro fitting the GTI LED tail lights on Highline - DIY

Hey guys. :)

I have a question that I need some help with. :confused:

How would the outcome have been if I had mounted the new GTI LED lights on my highline MK7, when it's was delivered with the original lights? Do I have to re-code it?
Will there be any problems with the electrics? Is it the same connection or do I need a transition in between? :confused:

How will the trip computer react?
Is there anyone that have done this before?

http://www.carsystems.pl/golf-7-led-taillights-gti-look,id680.html

Thank you so much for all your help! :D

Best regards, from norway! :)

Last edited:

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Sounds complicated as well as expensive.

merog1

Passed Driver's Ed
I did it on my mkVI, that one had to be coded
The MQB golf mk VII will NOT need a recode. Its only the wire for the turn signal. Other than that its Plug and Play.

Rocky1

Passed Driver's Ed
I just received mine! They are going to be retrofitted on Monday
No need for recoding... And yes they do need a cable to run from
the outside half through the C pillar and down the trunk
to the inside half rear light to connect the inside indicator
Bought them from kunzmann.de shop for 499 euros (along with some other goodies) (minus the vat! Final price just over 400 euro. Need to be VAT Registered)
(Sorry about the huge pic... It's my first post
I will sort it out on my upcoming ones)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 42,293

mk7norway

Ready to race!
The MQB golf mk VII will NOT need a recode. Its only the wire for the turn signal. Other than that its Plug and Play.

Hello. Thats good news. Why should not the car need to be re-code? What's the difference where the MK6 and MK7 there? Is there a special route that cable must follow or it may just be random? Is it difficult to pull a new cable as you say? Will this affect the warranty from the factory? Thanks for all your help. Appreciated it!

:)

mk7norway

Ready to race!
that seems to be a good quality? Is it a original tail light? Could you take some pictures on how you are placing the cabel in the car? and how you connect it, and where? Thanks so much dude! I will follow in your footsteps. :)

mk7norway

Ready to race!
that seems to be a good quality? Is it a original tail light? Could you take some pictures on how you are placing the cabel in the car? and how you connect it, and where? Thanks so much dude! I will follow in your footsteps. :)

Rocky1

Passed Driver's Ed
They are genuine VW can bus led lights originally for the GTD/GTI. If u ask your dealer to fit them you should get two years warranty, if you fit them yourself
then I think you get one year, just ask them. They should charge for 30 mins work max.

mk7norway

Ready to race!

Are you sure? How can that be? What is the difference between MK6 and MK7 that way? It would be stupid if I had to re-encode it! If the original warranty from the VAG output if I change the lights or going right?

Rocky1

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you sure? How can that be? What is the difference between MK6 and MK7 that way? It would be stupid if I had to re-encode it! If the original warranty from the VAG output if I change the lights or going right?

this is the description from another site that sells the lights in german:
Original VW LED Rückleuchten Set
kirschrot/abgedunkelt
bei jedem Golf 7 nachrüstbar es wird KEIN Adapter benötigt, und kein Codieren nötig
Lieferumfang: 1 Set = 4 LED Rückleuchten
passend bei:

Golf 7
Golf 7 GTI
Golf 7 GTD
as you can see they are saying no adapter needed and there is no fault code notice!

the extra cable to connect the indicator leds from outside half to inside half can be ordered from here
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/volkswagen/golf/golf-7-5q/additional-line-led-taillights-vw-golf-7

My dealer has quoted me 174 euros to fit
1. the led lights (wired through the c pillar as explained on a previous post, a bit of a job as they explained to me... it will require 1 hour to do)
2. a GTD diffusor
3. the led license plate lights
4. the chrome pedal set
5. the GTD gear selector

Once fitted i will post pics ;)

mk7norway

Ready to race!
That sounds great!! Looking forward to the pics! :D

I will have a friend of my to do the job, so hopefully he will find out how it will be done! :)

Keep me updated!! :)

:)