GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
"say no to more wheels.....say yes to big turbo"
repeat until you delete your cart......
going back and forth between superspeed and neuspeed.....

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
more TCR parts front uprights

4606A8DD-FB98-4954-BCDB-9D44830A7874_1_201_a.jpeg
655D2A5E-5BB8-41BD-88A5-B06838C70FC3_1_201_a.jpeg

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Honestly - zero! I’ve been enjoying the comfort and quiet drive in this car so much I’ve been fighting to do anything to it! I do have some Apr A01 wheels in 20x9 gunmetal color on order (back ordered till July) when those show up and I put them on I may be more inclined to get the stance better… but we will see cause it’s just so nice to DD a car and not stress on dip/bumps and parking lot exits 😂
Did you scrap the custom exhaust project?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did you scrap the custom exhaust project?
Not really, it’s just sitting dormant in the garage with the dozen other projects for the GTI included a V2 of the custom exhaust setup I already have on the GTI 😂

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Not here yet, but have some (hopefully) matching red alcantara to my seats on the way here, to tackle a side project.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I finally decided to order this.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251...st_main.4.21ef1802if5has&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

The driver side headlight has 4 cracks that developed over the last 2 months. I can't see any hits on 3 of then, just one so I am not sure if it is due to the stress created by the first crack on top of the headlight, but I really think this is unacceptable. The materials they used on this car are Daewoo quality!

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251...st_main.4.21ef1802if5has&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

The driver side headlight has 4 cracks that developed over the last 2 months. I can't see any hits on 3 of then, just one so I am not sure if it is due to the stress created by the first crack on top of the headlight, but I really think this is unacceptable. The materials they used on this car are Daewoo quality!
I had no idea you could take apart the OEM LP housings. I assume heat gun and a lot of prying?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I had no idea you could take apart the OEM LP housings. I assume heat gun and a lot of prying?

very intrigued....I have micro cracks showing up.....want detailed DIY explanation!
The headlights on the GTI are not easy to open as they have Permaseal instead of butyl rubber. Sometimes you get lucky and they open easily, and a lot of times it depends on how old the headlights are. I hope this one open easy as they are 2-3 years old. I will be doing something similar to what the TRS does, I have retrofitted a few headlights sine 2011 so I don't expect too much trouble. Since I will be inside I will probably polish the inside of the lenses as well, hopefully that will bring more light out, but it will depend on how easy it is to remove the projectors. Also, I will take a look at the drivers that VW use, I think this lights are LED? If not then the ballasts. I really miss all the light out of my previous retrofit, especially now that I live out in the hill country. I will be using their retro-butyl to seal them back up.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

Are these for the 7.5? I tried to get mine replaced under warranty but they was saying it was due to "outside forces" causing the cracks. When I was in my accident they replaced my driver side headlight and it is now starting to spiderweb. The new one only has 9k miles on it. Keep us posted on the progress. I might have to try this also. I'll try to get some pictures of mine this evening.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Are these for the 7.5? I tried to get mine replaced under warranty but they was saying it was due to "outside forces" causing the cracks. When I was in my accident they replaced my driver side headlight and it is now starting to spiderweb. The new one only has 9k miles on it. Keep us posted on the progress. I might have to try this also. I'll try to get some pictures of mine this evening.
light warranty is only for 3 years....tried to go that route